Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model Ys available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed on ev-cpo.com that there are about 60 used Model Y's for sale. Price doesn't seem too bad especially if you like FSD. Example:
40K miles, 244 mile range for $62K
These prices just seem crazy to me. I bought my LR with 20’s, tow hitch for 10k less last year.

These prices just seem crazy to me. I bought my LR with 20’s, tow hitch for 10k less last year.

"Those prices are crazy" is relative.

Almost all people are wired in such a way that, they feel they are themselves good judgers of value. That means, when we buy something, anyone who pays more than we did is thought of as "that thing they bought is expensive", and anyone who pays less than we did is "wow they got that for cheap".

Most people judge that on what they paid / can afford. You paid less, so anyone who pays more is paying "crazy prices". People that paid less than you "got a great price". Im not making a judgement or anything, its just how most people (including me) think.

That indeed is a crazy price. For a few thousand more you can get an LR Y with almost 100 more miles of range, AWD, fresh battery, latest upgrades, and full warranty. Even the limited quantity 4680 Y is $62K with more range, AWD, and full warranty. Only the desperate or uninformed will buy a 40k-mileage SR Y at $62K and feel good about it. FSD doesn’t trump latest Y updates/refreshes. (I’ve had FSD on our S, it wasn’t all that.)

Last edited: