Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used MS battery pack to get?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to know what battery packs are the best for a used MS (70, 75, 85, 90, 100)? To P or not to P?

I am not sure if I prefer FUSC or a longer warranty period, 8yr? It occurs to me that the warranty would be a better deal than FUSC, but FUSC is lifetime.
I would like to get a solid car and I know not all battery packs are created equal. Which ones are best?

How do I verify versions if we get specific on certain battery pack models?

I have searched, but not finding what I want.
Thank you

I wanted to know what battery packs are the best for a used MS (70, 75, 85, 90, 100)? To P or not to P?

I am not sure if I prefer FUSC or a longer warranty period, 8yr? It occurs to me that the warranty would be a better deal than FUSC, but FUSC is lifetime.
I would like to get a solid car and I know not all battery packs are created equal. Which ones are best?

Thank you
The 100kw packs. Thats it.

Thank you
I would 100% prioritize length of battery warranty on any used tesla. Most owners charge at home on a daily basis, so you might only use supercharging a couple times a month and safe a few bucks each time with FUSC. An out of warranty battery that fails is a 10k - 25k event. I learned the hard way that driving a tesla with an out of warranty battery is a very risky proposition. I would not recommend it unless you can comfortably buy a replacement without harming your overall finances. I would stay away from the 2012 - 2014 85kw packs since those will all be out of warranty. I don't know enough to give guidance on the other packs.

• Informative
Reactions: NV Ray
Unlimited charging is important if you drive all day often or you can't charge at home. Charging overnight at home once or twice a week is usually enough.
The newer the pack the better.
A bigger pack is most necessary if you spend a lot of time in the few places with fewer charge stations.
In my opinion finding a car that has been garage kept is key.

• Informative
Reactions: Jomak and NV Ray