Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Model S Prices Show Signs of Weakness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*Some are reporting that 3rd party dealer sold used Model S's that were originally sold with free unlimited supercharging were not transferring to buyers.

Bought my 2013 MS early Jan from a 3rd party dealier and I do have the 400 kwh a year free supercharging. I thought it was suppose to be unlimited lifetime but I dont see a need for it right now anyways so 400 is good enough

Bought my 2013 MS early Jan from a 3rd party dealier and I do have the 400 kwh a year free supercharging. I thought it was suppose to be unlimited lifetime but I dont see a need for it right now anyways so 400 is good enough

There was no 75 back in 13. I'm guessing you car started as a 40 or 60 that had a battery swap and upgraded to 75? Free supercharging came with the 85's and were option for 60's. Looks like you have a unicorn!

There was no 75 back in 13. I'm guessing you car started as a 40 or 60 that had a battery swap and upgraded to 75? Free supercharging came with the 85's and were option for 60's. Looks like you have a unicorn!

Interesting catch! I have heard that Tesla is installing newer batteries as replacements in the classics when they have failures. I think folks have reported getting a 90 for the 85, so it makes sense a 75 for the 60 would be the replacement.

It will be very interesting to see the out of warranty prices once more cars get out of the battery warranty.

Yesterday's pricing changes for the MS should accelerate the depreciation of MS's further - especially the ones built in the last couple of years. You can now get a fully option loaded 100D MS with EAP for $86,250 brand new. Granted it is software limited to 310 mile range, but I don't think that is going to make a difference to many people. That should have a big impact on used 1-2 year old 100D and 75D prices over the next couple of months. I would imagine Tesla's inventory cars are going to be reduced in price significantly soon as well. The cheapest inventory car is a 2018 100D with 85 miles for $90,100. Why would you buy that when you can get a custom brand new one for $100 less.