Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used X or Y delivery concerns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is the million-dollar question but I ordered a used X (11/2016, 90D, FSD 2.0, and unlimited supercharging) last week after mental back and forth for quite some time about the Y.

The cost of the X is less $ 2,000 less than the Y with the same options (of course no SC on the Y).

As many have said this is only a decision I can make but my question is more around delivery. Now that they are doing touchless deliveries with all this virus stuff I am concerned about the fact that there is no trial or return option for used vehicles. If the X I ordered has something wrong it seems like I have no recourse. With the Y I have 7 days to find fit/finish issues and give it back.

The X has a four-year warranty but that won't cover things like dings or cracks etc.

Should I take the chance or go for a known with the Y? I would only be out $100 if I change my mind.

for a used car, good like with them covering dings and cracks even if they are not doing touchless. Just search around for the horror stories from people getting used cars from Tesla. what is your configuration? 2000 less and with same option with Y? What do you mean by that?

for a used car, good like with them covering dings and cracks

No need for luck. The Tesla used car purchase agreement does not in any way require Tesla to repair cosmetic issues.
The https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/ tool shows links to the Tesla online listing, and those listings (at least in Canada) contain pictures of the vehicle including rims, scratches and the like.

Frankly, I'd wrap the vehicle if the price was right and Tesla discounted due to wear and tear on the paint. Saw a few fine examples where P90DL's were 10K less than 90D's entirely due to the condition of the exterior. Wrap is the answer there.

thanks for the feedback. I was not expecting them to do anything about dings etc just that once I take delivery I can't back out due to it being used. If I went to a showroom to pick up the car I could refuse delivery if I did not like the condition of the car. Just concerened there is something I cant see in the pics.

by 2,000 less I mean the X has standard wheels, standard paint, nonperformance with FSD, and tow pkg. If I optioned a Y like that the cost would be $2,000 higher than I paid for the X.

I was also in the same boat as you, but for a S vs 3 at the same price CPO MS ?

Glad I went with the 3 for tech/practical, but miss the sexy S+space (SSS). Depending on how much a AP 2.5 X 3 row depreciates vs Y I might revisit the dilemma for my wife next year. Esp now that gas prices are dropping like a rock (secular bear market in gas perhaps!)

Maybe we'll just get the $40K cybertruck, no comparisons needed :)

Last edited: