Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

User Defined Function on Steering Wheel Needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be great if one of the buttons or wheels on the steering wheel or stalk could be set to access a setting of choice. For example, I have a Honda that has a button that allows you so activate the rear view camera. I often use this to check my surroundings in traffic. I know that you can simply touch the button on screen, but from my experience with the Honda I can tell you that it is much more convenient to not have to take your hands away from the wheel.
And this is just one of the settings that someone might choose to assign to the "user defined button". Everybody has different driving habits and would like to be able to access "that one setting" easily. For example, others might like to be able to quickly access the setting for adjusting how closely the cruise control follows the car in front of you.

For example, others might like to be able to quickly access the setting for adjusting how closely the cruise control follows the car in front of you.
You can already do that by pushing the right scroll wheel left or right, much like you can go to the next previous track with the left scroll wheel.
But I agree, I used to have a button like that in my AUDI, Iloved it, it would be nice to be assign the scroll wheel push to other functions.