Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

User profile question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC peoples! This is my first post of I'm sure many. I'm currently waiting for my P90D to deliver later this month so I'm absorbing as much info as I can. I understand that there's a "Valet profile" that among other things limits the vehicle to 70mph.

My question: can you create other user profiles and limit the speed / acceleration as well, or does it only apply to valet mode? You see, I have a 17 yr old son and his prom is 2 weeks after my delivery date and...

Thanks!

Hello TMC peoples! This is my first post of I'm sure many. I'm currently waiting for my P90D to deliver later this month so I'm absorbing as much info as I can. I understand that there's a "Valet profile" that among other things limits the vehicle to 70mph.

My question: can you create other user profiles and limit the speed / acceleration as well, or does it only apply to valet mode? You see, I have a 17 yr old son and his prom is 2 weeks after my delivery date and...

Thanks!

No, only valet mode can do that.

Any driver, new to a Tesla and its pedals, and its unexpectedly fast and powerful response
to an accidental tap on the accelerator pedal ... should take it slow and easy at first.

A number of drivers worldwide have accidently smashed the accelerator down, when
they meant to smash the brake down, when they were startled with the car moving
the wrong way, and they ended up taking their Tesla into a store ... the hard way.

This probably affects some old folks, and some inexperienced drivers more than
others, but ... some pedal-practice and training in this new car for my wife is in
order, even though she has been driving for many years. But, most other "normal"
cars are so comparatively gutless and tame, that a "slip" rarely causes severe
damage, or ... a full-on, quite expensive, cat-ass-trophy. :)

In the Tesla, a relatively minor accident can cost more to fix than
the cost if some new ICE vehicle ... and can take many weeks to fix.
Of course, if you are rich, you just ask the staff to bring out the
other Tesla. :eek::

Just my two-bits worth. Cheers, Gary

Last edited:

Thanks!

I'd just ask the Service Center to just keep "prepping it" until after the prom. It beats fixing it after the prom.