Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 enables Web Browser for SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while parked and connected to WiFi for these cars."

Introducing Software Version 10.0

Doesn’t seem to state while parked so it may work while moving and using your phone Wi-fi
I don’t know where I got that from (maybe because WiFi is considered stationary?). Making stuff up now!

In which case....bring it on! I have a 80GB plan with Vodafone aka (unlimited WiFi hotspot for Tesla).

I would be slightly annoyed if I was a non SR+ customer.

Also...this is what I was saying earlier.

Bluetooth Media Improvements
When playing media from a connected Bluetooth device you can now browse playlists directly from the touchscreen. Bluetooth streaming has also been improved to display album art from your device and support a 48 kHz sampling rate for better audio quality.

Note: Behavior and performance will vary depending on mobile device and app. For album art integration with iPhones, iOS 13 is required.

Reactions: davidmc
I would be slightly annoyed if I was a non SR+ customer.
If they were going to finally start charging for premium connectivity then they probably would have locked it down to parked only so I would guess they aren’t going to start charging for that any time soon which is the benefit that is paid for

you also need a Spotify premium account on the SR+ but get it free with premium connectivity

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Shirt4878
If they were going to finally start charging for premium connectivity then they probably would have locked it down to parked only so I would guess they aren’t going to start charging for that any time soon which is the benefit that is paid for
People in USA have now reported that they are seeing a Data allowance (50gb) appear on the top of the screen but not doing anything yet. I think paid subscription is coming very soon (V10 rollout?) to people who have had it for over a year.

SR+ will also get this option to pay soon as well (with V10? might be?). UK owners with Premium will get 1 year as agreed, then pay for after this expires. Rumor is that an app store is also coming very soon :O

People in USA have now reported that they are seeing a Data allowance (50gb) appear on the top of the screen but not doing anything yet. I think paid subscription is coming very soon (V10 rollout?) to people who have had it for over a year.

SR+ will also get this option to pay soon as well (with V10? might be?). UK owners with Premium will get 1 year as agreed, then pay for after this expires. Rumor is that an app store is also coming very soon :O
There are people in the US over their 1 year date and not been charged and the 50GB limit from the early access test has disappeared for at least one person

6.) For the Early Access Program users, there had been a 50GB limit in the Tesla VIN/Odometer page, but in the public release there's no such limit of any sort. I was able to watch YouTube etc no problem over LTE. Not sure how long that will last.

I've watched this really closely for several months and I think the only advice I'd have is to wait and see how they do it and don't assume anything! There's loads of contradictions on top of a few changes of tactics. Whichever way you look at it, everyone is going to be getting more than they thought they were getting when they ordered so let's celebrate that!

Reactions: NorfolkMustard