Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.2 - Release notes same as previous V10 versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My son lives in an apartment complex, where his car can't get on WiFi. In the past, he used to get updates over LTE. But he hasn't for months now lately. He's totally left out of V10 thus far.

Tell him to use his phone's hotspot. That's what I do because I as well live in an apt without access to WiFi. Since iphone is tricky now with it's sharing.. you have to use sentry mode to keep the connection constant.. I also go into my brightness settings and tell it to never go to sleep, otherwise it may cut the connection. The things i've had to troubleshoot in order to get an update is insane, but it works.

It must be safety related. I had to drop by the Tesla SODO service center in Seattle and it connected to WiFi for just a moment. When I got back in the car it showed a new update but told me to connect to WiFi. Since I’m just visiting Seattle I don’t have WiFi access and my car has been parked in a parking garage (with LTE connection) for about an hour and I just got a notice on my phone to install the update...

Anyone having write speed issues with their Teslacam usb that worked perfectly fine before? Just updated to 12.2 last night, and this morning the dashcam with an X icon appeared twice. Removed it and tried to view the files on my phone (my usb has one end for usb c), but now it looks like the usb is corrupted because I can't view anything on it :/

I’m wondering if this did something with the ultrasonic sensors... drove up to Seattle Wednesday and the car was rock solid on AP. It would identify a 18 wheeler next to me and it basically didn’t bounce in its lane or anything and the car did a pretty good job staying in the center of the lane while going by... updated when I got to Seattle (it was over the air, so must have been safety tweaks).

Coming home from Seattle AP seems much more uncertain. Almost every single semi truck I passed would dance a little, then drift over the blue AP line into my lane on the display, which then the car would move away from the center of the lane and hug the line opposite the truck next to me, freaking out the cars in that lane and making them hug the line as far away from me as possible, and then often the truck would “slide” back into its lane and then to the lane further away from me.

Initially I thought maybe a sensor was dirty from road spray and grim since it was raining on the way up to Seattle. I cleaned the sensors while supercharging, but still had this same issue. The car never left it’s lane while on AP, but I noticed other cars giving me more room while passing, probably because I kept moving from the center of a lane to hugging an edge every time I passed a large truck...

Anyone else notice issues like this after the update?

• Helpful
Reactions: edstewbob
Was wondering if anyone 'lost' the option to get 12.2. We left on a 14 day cruise and on day 2 got the update notice but didn't do it (on 12.1) since the car was not plugged in. A few days ago my son stopped by the house and plugged it in but now I don't see it on my app. Was hoping to do it before we got back on Wednesday.

Any way to get it or do I need to do something from the panel?

Thanks

Was wondering if anyone 'lost' the option to get 12.2. We left on a 14 day cruise and on day 2 got the update notice but didn't do it (on 12.1) since the car was not plugged in. A few days ago my son stopped by the house and plugged it in but now I don't see it on my app. Was hoping to do it before we got back on Wednesday.

Any way to get it or do I need to do something from the panel?

Thanks

Might not be the same scenario, but when I saw that 12.2 was available to download, I connected to wifi and it downloaded half of it before I had to go somewhere (and thus lost the connection). A day later, I reconnected to wifi to finish downloading, and about 20 seconds in the whole thing went away and said my car was checking for updates. A couple hours later, the thing popped up again in the software menu, and did the same disappearing act again.

I guess third time was the charm, because when I reconnected again the next day it downloaded without a hitch.

I have read somewhere that Tesla will pull an update to your car if you don't download it within a couple of days (and reprompt later), but not sure if that was proven or not. You might get it again soon, or if it takes an unusual amount of time then it would probably be time to call them to push it to your car. But by that point 12.3 may be out.

Reactions: FMinMI
Might not be the same scenario, but when I saw that 12.2 was available to download, I connected to wifi and it downloaded half of it before I had to go somewhere (and thus lost the connection). A day later, I reconnected to wifi to finish downloading, and about 20 seconds in the whole thing went away and said my car was checking for updates. A couple hours later, the thing popped up again in the software menu, and did the same disappearing act again.

I guess third time was the charm, because when I reconnected again the next day it downloaded without a hitch.

I have read somewhere that Tesla will pull an update to your car if you don't download it within a couple of days (and reprompt later), but not sure if that was proven or not. You might get it again soon, or if it takes an unusual amount of time then it would probably be time to call them to push it to your car. But by that point 12.3 may be out.
2019.32.12.3 is out...

2019.32.12.3 is out...

yeah i know an update is out when it badgers me to connect to wifi even though i don't have wifi at home or work and there is no way to turn the damn nudge off. really, this is something simple they need to fix. please to provide an option to 'never remind me' on dismiss. literally every day while my car isn't on the absolute latest firmware it forces me to close the notification before driving.

it is also interesting to note it does not show the 'software update available' icon until you ignore the nudges for a week.

they also really need to start posting detailed change logs for updates so I can decide if I need it or not. like if you are going to ask me to connect to wifi every day at least show me what i might be missing.