Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2019.20.1 9973c22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Discovered a new behavior and summarize Lock Confirmation Sounds as:

Sound Action Causing It Behavior
Single Horn Sound Top Triple Fob Click Successful Lock:D
Double Horn Sound Top Double Click Opens Driver Door:D
Double Horn Sound Top Double Click Opens Passenger Door:D
Triple Horn Sound Top Triple Fob Click Something is obstructing one of your 5 doors when wanting to lock:(

old |v2019.15.11|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.20.1 9973c22|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

Discovered a new behavior and summarize Lock Confirmation Sounds as:

Sound Action Causing It Behavior
Single Horn Sound Top Triple Fob Click Successful Lock:D
Double Horn Sound Top Double Click Opens Driver Door:D
Double Horn Sound Top Double Click Opens Passenger Door:D
Triple Horn Sound Top Triple Fob Click Something is obstructing one of your 5 doors when wanting to lock:(

So it honks on open, also? That's a new one and don't see the reason for that. The 3 doesn't.... don't see why they can't be consistent on these items across the line.

Anyone see why this is a good idea?

Edit: wait, what if you don't use the fob to unlock? Just walk up and open the bloody door? :D

Someone did say walk up didn't work.....? Ugh....

So it honks on open, also? That's a new one and don't see the reason for that. The 3 doesn't.... don't see why they can't be consistent on these items across the line.

Anyone see why this is a good idea?

Edit: wait, what if you don't use the fob to unlock? Just walk up and open the bloody door? :D

Someone did say walk up didn't work.....? Ugh....
Yes. While opening with double top fob click, double horn happens, and repeating opens passenger door with double horn. This might be to warn people the the door is coming out into (or for) them. Normal opening with door handles, no horn.

Furthermore (@boaterva you're gonna luv it), walk up and open FWD with side fob double click, double horn happens. Interrupt the opening with a top fob click, and if no obstacles, FWD proceeds to open, then triple horn happens. It's a safety feature........at least for those who can hear.

Yes. While opening with double top fob click, double horn happens, and repeating opens passenger door with double horn. This might be to warn people the the door is coming out into (or for) them. Normal opening with door handles, no horn.

Furthermore (@boaterva you're gonna luv it), walk up and open FWD with side fob double click, double horn happens. Interrupt the opening with a top fob click, and if no obstacles, FWD proceeds to open, then triple horn happens. It's a safety feature........at least for those who can hear.

Okay, thanks, I kinda like the horn chirp when using the fob as that’s a good ‘look out, here it comes’. If you do it manually and it’s silent, excellent.

Now just need rollout beyond California. 99% of them are there for some reason. :D

And is it working? Tell us what the horn/honk/chirp translates to in Holland ;)

Hi,
Honk sounds the same...( i disabled mine do not like it) ..I will test the update over the next few days as I was AWOL from my Tesla today.

..... but reading the forums ...many unhappy Tesla owners in Europe .. This new beta is not working well. (Auto Pilot ... self driving function , Phantom braking, autopilot navigation missing turnoff etc.)
One of the main issues is in EU we are not allowed to have 100% Full autopilot. so several features have been disabled to the one in USA.
We have Auto Pilot Partially only on motorways even through we paid the full amount ...bummer really.....

....otherwise I Luv My Tesla...drove an fossil Opel today ( 700 km ... was hell especially overtaking !) and realised how spoilt and lucky we all are... :D..:p

NL, got 2019.20.1 today. Noticed the short soft honk on locking this evening when walking away without manually locking.
Lane Changes (which where horribly crippled in 2019.16) work better again, with .16 it would work sometimes and only until about 120 km/h, now it works much more reliably even at 130 km/h. Drove heavy traffic 120 km, and 120km back in low traffic in low sunlight, both were still 'infancy' but no longer feel unsafe like 2019.16.

I did lose the DASHCAM icon though - but sentry mode seems available (icon is there). Weird? USB stick not full, I double checked...

Hi,
Honk sounds the same...( i disabled mine do not like it) ..I will test the update over the next few days as I was AWOL from my Tesla today.

..... but reading the forums ...many unhappy Tesla owners in Europe .. This new beta is not working well. (Auto Pilot ... self driving function , Phantom braking, autopilot navigation missing turnoff etc.)
One of the main issues is in EU we are not allowed to have 100% Full autopilot. so several features have been disabled to the one in USA.
We have Auto Pilot Partially only on motorways even through we paid the full amount ...bummer really.....

....otherwise I Luv My Tesla...drove an fossil Opel today ( 700 km ... was hell especially overtaking !) and realised how spoilt and lucky we all are... :D..:p
I hope your tests are better than what you read. Lucky I'm near Fremont,CA area and the software tuning is close by.
Agree, the ICE experience I have with wife's Lexus, is awefull, no confidence in it.

Got 2019.21 installed, horn chirps when locked, I like. But temp readings are now in Celsius. The word temperature on the bottom of center screen is grayed out, so cannot change to Fahrenheit. Also auto park has not been available for some time.
Good (chirp) & bad. I always scroll-wheel reset (and IC reset) before testing, did you? I Autopark like a wild banshee, so it's not this software release causing it "not available" for you. In settings, goto display and scroll down to temperature and set F or C.....

I have not figured out how to autopark without panicking. Are there instructions somewhere, like in the most recent Model X instructions? Maybe a coloring book might be better for me.

There are many threads just on it, but try this auto-perpendicular park scheme:
Drive into a lot and seek just one open spot (left or right side), drive closely along that opening (yer car is mapping it).
Go far beyond the open slot until you see "P" in your Instrument Cluster (IC), then your good to go, so stop.
Pull lever into REVERSE, and the diagram (on MCU) will show the mapped spot offer to you. Push start from MCU (which you can interrupt anytime)
A three point perpendicular park will happen, and center between the mapped cars, not lines.
Parallel Auto-park same, but you need to go farther beyond the open slot probably.

In 2.5 yrs, I've never Auto-Park scrubbed rims or hit a car. I have scrubbed rims on my own at my fricken house, at end of a court.

There are many threads just on it, but try this auto-perpendicular park scheme:
Drive into a lot and seek just one open spot (left or right side), drive closely along that opening (yer car is mapping it).
Go far beyond the open slot until you see "P" in your Instrument Cluster (IC), then your good to go, so stop.
Pull lever into REVERSE, and the diagram (on MCU) will show the mapped spot offer to you. Push start from MCU (which you can interrupt anytime)
A three point perpendicular park will happen, and center between the mapped cars, not lines.
Parallel Auto-park same, but you need to go farther beyond the open slot probably.

In 2.5 yrs, I've never Auto-Park scrubbed rims or hit a car. I have scrubbed rims on my own at my fricken house, at end of a court

Wow! Thanks. I will try this (gulp)