Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V3 Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just today I was driving to supercharge in Indianapolis and my SOC was very low....less than 5% and a notice came up on the screen telling me I needed to recharge very soon and a pop-up showing superchargers nearby. I was surprised to see a location about 43 miles away since I didn't have charge enough to get there. But I was also surprised to see that it identified the location as being able to charge at up to 250kw? Can anyone confirm a V3 supercharger in Bloomington, Indiana?

Just today I was driving to supercharge in Indianapolis and my SOC was very low....less than 5% and a notice came up on the screen telling me I needed to recharge very soon and a pop-up showing superchargers nearby. I was surprised to see a location about 43 miles away since I didn't have charge enough to get there. But I was also surprised to see that it identified the location as being able to charge at up to 250kw? Can anyone confirm a V3 supercharger in Bloomington, Indiana?
Yes.

Supercharger - Bloomington, IN

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and Chuq
What kind of supercharger will be installed ? They just finished installing these "8 grey boxes*.
This SC has already 10 Chargers working.
SC Pratteln-CH.jpeg

What kind of supercharger will be installed ? They just finished installing these "8 grey boxes*.

Those 4 cabinets aren't anything I've seen at Supercharger stations before. They likely are going to be Destination Chargers (208 or 240V, up to 80 Amp), which may have Tesla connectors on them, or they could also have standard J1772 connectors on them. Those would be convenient for long-term/overnight parking.

So to clarify, this isn't the site mentioned in the original post? Can you let us know what location these pics are from?

Your best bet is to find the thread for the location (if you have trouble locating it, look up the site on supercharge.info and click the "discuss" link).

Reactions: mociaf9
View attachment 560644
My guess is that they are just temporary housings to cover up the conduit stub and wiring and that they are just waiting for the parts to finish those stalls up as regular superchargers. One of your pictures shows at least 7 V2 supercharger cabinets on site, but uou said that there are currently only 10 supercharger stalls totally installed. So there is the back-end hardware for at least 14 supercharger stalls, as the V2 system is in a 1:2 ratio of cabinets to stalls. If there are 2 additional supercharger cabinets not pictured, then that would entirely account for the 8 new spots. If not, then maybe swaltner is at least partially right and some of them will be for L2 charging.

Reactions: Chuq
Ahh, I see! So a few notes:

Your first pic in this post - V3 Supercharger - shows the supercharger cabinets that are used for V2 superchargers. Each cabinet powers 2 stalls, so that image shows at least 14 V2 stalls at the site. You mention there are already 10 so that suggests the other 4 will also be V2.

That makes me think that those cabinets are just placeholders (covering up/securing electrical cabling) until the supercharger stall hardware is available to install.

Interesting to see about the batteries as well! I don't read German but the graph down the bottom explains it all. It's designed to manage the peak demand of the site.

Reactions: mociaf9
You are right, the SC Pratteln had already 4 stalls since years. But regarding the launch of the Model 3 in Switzerland and the location close to the french and german borders, Tesla had to expand this SC location ( a lot of Tesla in transit).
The attached picture shows the 4 initial stalls and the cabinets on the left side.

SC Pratteln-CH 4 stalls.jpeg

Regarding the Tesla batteries, this is correct the graph explains how to manage the peak demand of the site.