Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 39.7 update - Rear AC blows warm/hot air

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So haven’t checked my rear AC in awhile although I know it worked fine a week ago. Today I sat in back seats while my AC was on auto set to 70 (it’s 77 outside). The rear AC was blowing warm/hot air while the front was blowing cool air.

Anyone else have this issue? When I set it to manual and turn rear AC off then on it blows cool air for maybe 30 seconds then it gets warm/hot again.

Basically they're saying I have to crank up the AC (i like it in the upper 70s/low 80s due to our low humidity)

Concern: Heating & A/C - customer states: AC blowing hot air from the rear only.

Performed thermal system test and vehicle passed. Performed ac actuator test and passed. When customer temp sets cabin temperature to 79 degs, depending on ambient temperature it will active PTC heater. PTC heater sits inside the cabin lower section in conjunction with lower ac duct that goes to rear. This will cause rear air duct to heat up, making rear air warmer than front. Fix at this time is to shut off rear airflow from touchscreen. Future firmware will be released to aid with this condition.

Correction: General Diagnosis Correction: Thermal System Test Pay Type: Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty 0.00

@SoCalGuy @vickh Did this ever get fixed? My Model 3 has been experiencing the same issue since day one. When I opened a service request, the local service in Orlando contacted me and said it would be fixed on a future firmware release, and cancelled my appointment.

To this day (8/16/2021), with the car going over one year and after multiple software updates, the situation remains. :(

@SoCalGuy @vickh Did this ever get fixed? My Model 3 has been experiencing the same issue since day one. When I opened a service request, the local service in Orlando contacted me and said it would be fixed on a future firmware release, and cancelled my appointment.

To this day (8/16/2021), with the car going over one year and after multiple software updates, the situation remains. :(

same here. Wondering if newer model 3s have the same problem?