Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 Mobile Media Control - solved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As probably many of us here, I usually have a child sitting in a back seat who likes to switch songs. So I thought the mobile media control promised in v9 was a great idea, as I would just let him play with media controls instead of me keep switching songs. I hoped that he could just do it from his own phone, however tesla's implementation does not allows it, as I don't want to install the tesla app on his phone allowing him to control the car at any time. Then I thought I coul give him my phone while I would driving, but I was affraid that he could mess my phone switching to other apps. So finally I've found a solution for Android phones:

On Android you can pin the tesla app and give the phone to your child and becasuse it's pinned it will be the only app that is available. It won't be possible to switch to other apps, so your data will be safe.

To enable to pin apps: settings - lock screen and security - other security settings - pin windows.

Hope it will help somebody...

Screenshot_20181013-170100_Settings.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: djlott