Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 - stop showing music app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model S upgraded to V9 last night. Seeing lots of posts about discontent with the new UI. I agree that forcing the map on all the time sucks. I don't need it and want two other apps on the screen.

I also hate that the music app always displays when I turn on the car. I never use the music app. I want the bottom app to be either the browser or the camera. However, if the bottom app is the browser, phone, or calendar when you exit the car, upon returning, it switches back to music. This sucks! Leave my apps the way I set them!

Reactions: dgpcolorado
My model S upgraded to V9 last night. Seeing lots of posts about discontent with the new UI. I agree that forcing the map on all the time sucks. I don't need it and want two other apps on the screen.

I also hate that the music app always displays when I turn on the car. I never use the music app. I want the bottom app to be either the browser or the camera. However, if the bottom app is the browser, phone, or calendar when you exit the car, upon returning, it switches back to music. This sucks! Leave my apps the way I set them!
Sign the Petition

FYI, I submitted a note to the executive team via my Tesla account last Wednesday. Today I received a response. My submission and their response is below:

Me:
My model S P100D upgraded to V9 last night. I'm seeing lots of posts online about discontent with the new UI and I count myself among those who have complaints about it. Forcing the map on all the time sucks. I don't need it 95% of the time and want two other apps on the screen. I also hate that the music app always displays when I turn on the car. I never use the music app. I want the bottom app to be either the browser or the camera. However, if the bottom app is the browser, phone, or calendar when you exit the car, upon returning, it switches back to music. Leave my apps the way I set them! Would you like it if your computer reset your desktop every time you rebooted? Probably not!

Them:
Thank you for reaching out to us here at the Executive Care Team. Tesla is always curious about our customers’ ideas on improving the Tesla experience in accordance with our goal to build the best cars in the world.

Your feedback is very valuable to us, therefore I have submitted this as a feature request to our development team. For future feature requests and ideas or any other customer support needs: Please feel free to reach out directly to our customer support teams at: [email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback.

Kind Regards,
Your Executive Care Team

I am also concerned about the possibility of the Model S getting the horizontal display like the Model 3. I sent the executive team the below message. I'll let you know if I get any response.

Me:
To follow up on my previous comments about the UI changes with the V9 upgrade (i.e. only 1 app able to be opened, map view constantly on, music app keeps re-appearing, etc.):

While I can understand the desire to have a unified look and feel to the UI (and even the interior) across all model cars, the fact is I spent over $150K to buy the top of the line car Tesla produces. I expect it to be different than the bottom of the line model that sells for one-third the price. If the UI and interior design are going to look incredibly similar, please send me information on how I can exchange my Model S P100D for a Model 3 Performance and a $100K refund.