Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9 Unable to turn on heated steering wheel without first turning on A/C

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GasKilla

No Gas Know Peace
Nov 11, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Or turn on anything other than front heated seats without first turning on the HVAC system. Sometimes I like to drive with the A/C off but with the heated steering wheel and seat on ... on v8 I'd goto the cold weather package page to turn on these items independently of anything the HVAC system was doing, now I must first press the fan button then press the three wavy lines before I can access the cold weather items and with this process the A/C automatically turns on. If I turn off the A/C the HVAC controls autohide and I can't access the cold weather items so I'm stuck turning on the A/C to access anything other than the front heated seats.

Anyone found a workaround for this bug or do I have to wait for some future update that restores lost functionality?

BTW I was refusing to update my firmware but had to take my car in for service and they automatically updated my and in the process took away several features I liked and used regularly without any obvious improvements. (I'm on an AP1 car)

• Informative
Reactions: Mayhemm
Are you saying it's impossible to have heated seats on, only, with no other HVAC in v9?

This is counter-Tesla's own advice: heated seats are a far better use of power than HVAC if that's all the warmth you need. They encouraged the use over HVAC.

Are you saying it's impossible to have heated seats on, only, with no other HVAC in v9?

This is counter-Tesla's own advice: heated seats are a far better use of power than HVAC if that's all the warmth you need. They encouraged the use over HVAC.
You can have the seats on but if you go to the screen to turn on the heated steering wheel, rear heated seats, etc., it will automatically turn on the HVAC. You then need to turn it back off manually but everything else will stay on.

You can have the seats on but if you go to the screen to turn on the heated steering wheel, rear heated seats, etc., it will automatically turn on the HVAC. You then need to turn it back off manually but everything else will stay on.
My experience with the heated wheel was it turned off if I turned off the HVAC fan. Do you see a different behavior?

Reactions: Evee
Yeah this is just super annoying, probably gonna just leave my heated steering wheel on until the summer rolls around. I actually could have turned it off on the way home tonight but it's too much of a hassle to deal with the HVAC turning on and off etc.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker