Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 update with no wifi on model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
has anyone been able to get the v9 update without ever been connected to wifi? im just trying to figure out if it has anything to do with wifi or if they are pushing the update in batches.

The V9 announcement email specifically states that the car should be connected to Wifi to get it. I'm sure it will come to LTE eventually, but your chances of getting it sooner will increase if connected to wifi.

I cannot get my home wi-fi to connect to my car but I have been driving around with my portable wi-fi connected. I still haven't gotten the update. Wondering if (a) it won't download when driving, or (b) could I have missed my opportunity if the download was attempted when I wasn't driving? Or maybe it is (c) I am in one of the last batches to get it.

Figure I will give it another week, although I am feeling left behind.

:(

Meh, I have home wifi and put a node (Velop) in my garage to ensure the car gets good coverage. Still no v9 for me. Take that as you will, but don't invest too much energy into it since having solid wifi does not mean you will get v9 right away.

• Informative
Reactions: PA ZU
...Wondering if (a) it won't download when driving, or (b) could I have missed my opportunity if the download was attempted when I wasn't driving? Or maybe it is (c) I am in one of the last batches to get it...
Another possibility is that the car is checking the download speed and knows it doesn't want to stay on for three hours to finish and verify the download.