Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7/8 - MYLR, MSM, Induction wheels, Black Interior, 5 seat, no tow, no FSD.

EDD has bounced around from September to November. Last 5 days has held steady at Sept 18 - Sept 29.

Third Tesla so I am pretty use to the treatment, but I still don't like it!

Reactions: RudeDude
Ordered my MYLR on 9/5. No EDD at all. Not holding my breath. Got a VIN on my M3LR with EDD in 10 days so I'm stoked about that. My M3 only took 19 days from order to VIN. I'm sure I will start to get irritated with the MYLR situation once we get deep into fall and I'm still months away from delivery. But until then...

Reactions: RudeDude
Visited the Richmond SC today & they have a TON of vehicles onsite to be delivered (that EOQ rush is in full effect). Went to see if my SA sees the same November delivery timeframe that I do. Unfortunately for me, he sees November too. Was really hoping he still saw October which is what he told me before & since that was the original projection when I ordered. Guess on the bright side I’ll most likely have a 2022 VIN. 😐

I’m supposed to be taking delivery tomorrow, 9/11 at Tyco Rd. I got a call late today from Tesla saying that they have 100 deliveries tomorrow at tyco and don’t have enough parking space. Since we are fairly close, they offered to home deliver it to us tomorrow. Fine by me and if there are any issues quality wise, they said they’ll address it post delivery. I guess I could install the mud flaps before I take “Edison” (I named him already) for its first 0-60 run

I’m supposed to be taking delivery tomorrow, 9/11 at Tyco Rd. I got a call late today from Tesla saying that they have 100 deliveries tomorrow at tyco and don’t have enough parking space. Since we are fairly close, they offered to home deliver it to us tomorrow. Fine by me and if there are any issues quality wise, they said they’ll address it post delivery. I guess I could install the mud flaps before I take “Edison” (I named him already) for its first 0-60 run
100 deliveries?! SHEESH. How long was your wait since ordering?

Ordered 7/8 - MYLR, MSM, Induction wheels, Black Interior, 5 seat, no tow, no FSD.

EDD has bounced around from September to November. Last 5 days has held steady at Sept 18 - Sept 29.

Third Tesla so I am pretty use to the treatment, but I still don't like it!
Just got my VIN, delivery is 25 to 28 September at TYCO. Woohoo!!

How did it go?

How did it go?
It went really well. They said they'll drop off the car between 11-2 but when I stepped out to walk the dog @ 8 am, the car was already there. Hence, the dog never got his walk. Got all the accessories I've been accumulating including the mudguards and had the wife install the screen protector. For the most part, there was no problem until I noticed later in the day that the driver's side mirror is a little off, so I have an appointment now with their mobile service. It is an amazing car and already having second thoughts on selling the ICE cars and get in line for the Model S. Car is getting wrapped and ceramic coated right now.

I'm scheduled for home delivery from Tyco on Sunday morning. I've received emails and texts, but no human has contacted me. Not clear when I need to remit payment on a home delivery? I prefer to hand someone a certified check, but I've heard the delivery person doesn't wait around.

Any ideas?

I'm scheduled for home delivery from Tyco on Sunday morning. I've received emails and texts, but no human has contacted me. Not clear when I need to remit payment on a home delivery? I prefer to hand someone a certified check, but I've heard the delivery person doesn't wait around.

Any ideas?
I was supposed to hand the delivery guy a check but did not happen. Either they will ask you for a copy of the check (front and back) via email prior to delivery which they could use to cash it and used in my case. Also, in order for me to unlock the car, I had to complete the remaining payment via their app through a bank payment transfer.

I was supposed to hand the delivery guy a check but did not happen. Either they will ask you for a copy of the check (front and back) via email prior to delivery which they could use to cash it and used in my case. Also, in order for me to unlock the car, I had to complete the remaining payment via their app through a bank payment transfer.
Thank you.

It went really well. They said they'll drop off the car between 11-2 but when I stepped out to walk the dog @ 8 am, the car was already there. Hence, the dog never got his walk. Got all the accessories I've been accumulating including the mudguards and had the wife install the screen protector. For the most part, there was no problem until I noticed later in the day that the driver's side mirror is a little off, so I have an appointment now with their mobile service. It is an amazing car and already having second thoughts on selling the ICE cars and get in line for the Model S. Car is getting wrapped and ceramic coated right now.
Nice to hear that everything went well. I have read some horror stories about home delivery. I also ordered mud flaps and some other accessories in advance and I'm looking into PPF for the front.

We had a MSLR on order but decided to wait a couple of years after the refresh. Didn't like all the delays. My wife is going with a Mini Cooper Electric for the time being.

Enjoy the new ride!!

Just a quick question for anyone who's used the SC in Richmond recently.
I just bought my model Y 2 weeks ago, so it'll be my first experience.
I've got to drop it off in the morning to get some body panels aligned , interior trim parts attached, and some AC rattles fixed - just poor QC on Tesla's part.
The SC said they're going to give me an Uber credit to get to work, and they felt everything would be completed by the end of the day. Are they typically accurate with their time estimates? If not, I'll uber home and get another vehicle to drive in the morning.
Thanks in advance...

Just a quick question for anyone who's used the SC in Richmond recently.
I just bought my model Y 2 weeks ago, so it'll be my first experience.
I've got to drop it off in the morning to get some body panels aligned , interior trim parts attached, and some AC rattles fixed - just poor QC on Tesla's part.
The SC said they're going to give me an Uber credit to get to work, and they felt everything would be completed by the end of the day. Are they typically accurate with their time estimates? If not, I'll uber home and get another vehicle to drive in the morning.
Thanks in advance...
Haven’t gotten my MY yet, but based on experience from folks I know they seem pretty accurate about service times. I’m also pretty certain if they did need to extend service time for any unforeseen reason they’d have no issues giving you more Uber credits for essential travel. Or they may even tell you to come back for a loaner car if they have any available at the time.