Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t gotten my MY yet, but based on experience from folks I know they seem pretty accurate about service times. I’m also pretty certain if they did need to extend service time for any unforeseen reason they’d have no issues giving you more Uber credits for essential travel. Or they may even tell you to come back for a loaner car if they have any available at the time.

I dropped my model Y off at 8am this morning to the Richmond location. The parking lot was packed. Not one spot, other than handicapped. They had overflow new vehicles parked at the gas station at the top of the hill near W. Broad St. So hopefully several lucky people will be getting theirs this week!

The service rep went over everything and said it would likely take more than a day now. I asked about a loaner, and initially he said they had none, and that I'd have to use Uber, but then he "found" a M3 loaner, which is great, because I live near Gum Spring, and there's no Uber/Lyft pickups out there.
I do have other vehicles , but it's much more convenient just dropping off the loaner and picking up my model Y without juggling vehicles.
I guess being the early bird with a long flight home has it's advantages at times... :)

Reactions: Dreene
I dropped my model Y off at 8am this morning to the Richmond location. The parking lot was packed. Not one spot, other than handicapped. They had overflow new vehicles parked at the gas station at the top of the hill near W. Broad St. So hopefully several lucky people will be getting theirs this week!

The service rep went over everything and said it would likely take more than a day now. I asked about a loaner, and initially he said they had none, and that I'd have to use Uber, but then he "found" a M3 loaner, which is great, because I live near Gum Spring, and there's no Uber/Lyft pickups out there.
I do have other vehicles , but it's much more convenient just dropping off the loaner and picking up my model Y without juggling vehicles.
I guess being the early bird with a long flight home has it's advantages at times... :)
Nice, glad that worked out for you! Yeah they’ve definitely been super packed lately with this end-of-quarter push. I went there last week and it was the same thing where cars were parked at the old gas station. My wife was like “how ironic, electric cars parked at a closed down gas station… out with the old, in with the new!” Lol

Hello all pretty new here but I have been following the conversations and it's been some great insight!

I ordered a M3 SR+ on 09/07. EDD was initially 11/02-11/22. This morning it changed to 10/06-10/26! Is this typical or am I just getting my hope up?

Hello all pretty new here but I have been following the conversations and it's been some great insight!

I ordered a M3 SR+ on 09/07. EDD was initially 11/02-11/22. This morning it changed to 10/06-10/26! Is this typical or am I just getting my hope up?
That’s definitely hopeful, but don’t get them up too much. One common theme here is that EDD’s change all the time, forward and backward. But for the sake of your nerves, I hope the closer dates stick for you! Lol

Picking up my M3LR on Tuesday. What is the Richmond SC like to take delivery at? Sounds crowded with the EOQ rush. Sorry to post this in the MY forum but there is no VA specific delivery threads in the M3 forums.
It's super easy. They park it in a numbered spot right out front, and the app lets you know what spot your car will be parked in a few hours prior to pickup time.
There's a clipboard inside with DMV paperwork to sign, and a Tesla form or two. Sign everything, bring it inside and you're done.

What is the normal timeframe for VA DMV to issue the permanent tag? I'm still on temporary tag and will be expiring next week while I am out of state in New England with the MYLR. Is there a way to expedite it or ask for an extension with the temp tags?
One option is to call into the DMV. I had an issue with renewing tags and called in four times. Do not call between 11am to 2pm. Their phones are too busy and there is no hold. The system tells you to call back and then hangs up. The reps there are pretty helpful. You can also now make an appointment at a DMV 2-4 days out which isn't bad (before it was 3 months out).

Last week, I had been trying to call the main DMV number for days, and like EmbersDC said, you get a message that all agents are busy, and it tells you to call back, then it hangs up on you.

Maybe try a DMV Select (smaller location) - they can bang out temp and perm tags easily.

One option is to call into the DMV. I had an issue with renewing tags and called in four times. Do not call between 11am to 2pm. Their phones are too busy and there is no hold. The system tells you to call back and then hangs up. The reps there are pretty helpful. You can also now make an appointment at a DMV 2-4 days out which isn't bad (before it was 3 months out).
When you get the message that all agents are busy, just hang up and call right back. Keep trying and it should take less than 5 minutes. You get connected as soon as a line opens up so the more times you call, the more chance you have of getting through. I had to do this a few weeks ago to clear up a titling issue I had with another vehicle.

Reactions: SWIPE
It's the beginning of a new quarter. Tesla seems to fill international orders at the beginning of the quarter with shipments en mass for the east coast at the beginning of the last month of the quarter, which is December in Q4. There may be some outstanding orders from June and July that might be sliding in before the rush though.

How are my VA peeps with pending orders holding up? I have all of my fingers and toes crossed that my mid-Nov to early-Dec EDD holds. Probably just ruined it by talking about it. 😄 The Tesla gods can be cruel...
Hanging in there. 9 more days til my window. “Hoping” to get my VIN one of these days leading up to my window. We all know one doesn’t get too far on hope in the land of Tesla tho.

Good luck with your dates holding too tho!

Reactions: scoobybri
Got my VIN today with an EDD of 10/30-11/4. Pure craziness considering that my order was placed on 9/5. I think I'm getting a car that had an order cancellation since the VIN is 298 and the latest VINs are 304. It is being rerouted from NY to Richmond. Not complaining! I will take delivery in early November when January was my original EDD when I ordered.