Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet gave my card key to another Tesla driver. It’s gone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read the "if" as a "when" ... and it's not just about "no restaurant is good enough" -- for some of us, supercharger usage is predicated on leaving the car with a valet. I know, there are other superchargers out there.. but sometimes the one you need to use needs you to leave your car, and your key, with a valet.

Really??? I didn't realize that there are superchargers that are valet-only. So there's a valet/attendant who takes your car and parks it, and then puts it on the supercharger when your turn comes, and then taken it off and parks it again when it's charged? Crazy!

The only times I've used superchargers were one long road trip up to Canada for hiking, and then when I drove from Spokane to Seattle to leave my car with Matson to be shipped here. I just followed the NAV to the supercharger, except at one destination where I already knew where it was, and plugged it in, and then moved it when it was done. I never realized there are valet superchargers. I'm glad I don't live in or travel through any of those places. (Well, I'm glad I don't live anywhere else but here! :))

At the hospital my wife used to work at, all the employee parking was valet parking. They would park the cars 3 deep in order to have enough space. Self parking near the hospital wasn't an option and she couldn't take public transportation because she got off work after 1 AM.