Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valuable Advise for a model X modification for a wheelchair person.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone
we bought a Tesla model x last year in Brisbane, Australia. Unfortunately,my wife is disabled and she need hand control modification for wheelchair person driving. We tried the best in our area to do this modification . but no one even heard about Tesla.could someone can help in this situation that will be much appreciated.Here, the modifier is suggesting to change the car to do the modification... well we don't want to give away our tesla without driving... could anyone plz help...thnxxx.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 59
Hi everyone
we bought a Tesla model x last year in Brisbane, Australia. Unfortunately,my wife is disabled and she need hand control modification for wheelchair person driving. We tried the best in our area to do this modification . but no one even heard about Tesla.could someone can help in this situation that will be much appreciated.Here, the modifier is suggesting to change the car to do the modification... well we don't want to give away our tesla without driving... could anyone plz help...thnxxx.

No idea personally, but check this video where someone (in the US) has done the same:

...change the car to do the modification...

I have no experience but it looks like the simple mechanical modification is generic for all cars that have 2 pedals.

It's a matter of mechanically connecting the hand control to those 2 pedals physically.

There are two metallic rods running from the hand control above down to the 2 pedals below:

Reben Mobility | 2/24 Carroll St, Toowoomba

push-pat-hand-control.jpg

Contact Us | Total Ability Australia and New Zealand

Push-Pull-Brake-and-Accelerator-top-view.jpg

For nicer modifications, that may need some tapping to some electronics to the car and that, of course, needs some Tesla knowledge.

Last edited: