Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vampire unacceptable help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking for help. I have 2022 s. I’m losing 20 plus miles a day when parked. Sentry mode and typical drains are off. Tesla says it’s within parameters. I’m going back and forth with them. They currently have my car In service. What to do? This is my 3rd model s since 2014. Never had this problem.

Your first problem is having it on miles instead of percentage. So report back when you can give a real number of how much you're losing every 24 hours not some magical unicorn number the car pulled out of Elon's ass.

Also cabin overheat protection will kill off a lot of juice this time of year. The new cars have that sentry mode thing and that will piss away a bunch of power too if you turn it on.

Reactions: Gumball and CaptUAL
Upvote 0
Your first problem is having it on miles instead of percentage. So report back when you can give a real number of how much you're losing every 24 hours not some magical unicorn number the car pulled out of Elon's ass.

Also cabin overheat protection will kill off a lot of juice this time of year. The new cars have that sentry mode thing and that will piss away a bunch of power too if you turn it on.
Having on miles vs. percent will make zero different. One is just a unit transformation of the other using a standard constant which depends upon the model.
So what is your answer for the OP is he says he's losing 5-7% a day instead of 20 miles???

Upvote 0
Having on miles vs. percent will make zero different. One is just a unit transformation of the other using a standard constant which depends upon the model.
So what is your answer for the OP is he says he's losing 5-7% a day instead of 20 miles???
Miles are inaccurate as countless people have proven time and time again which is why percentage is better. You don't have a minutes remaining on you phone you have percentage even ICE cars have percentage (full, 75%, 50%, 25%) and the mile gauge is crap as well.

My previous answer still stands cabin overheat protection and sentry mode. I've lost 10% in less than a day just from the AC kicking on constantly and I don't have sentry mode so that would drain even more as I previously said

Reactions: CaptUAL
Upvote 0
Climate control completely off. Overheating protection is off.
It loses life both inside a garage and outside. Since 10:00 am to 5: pm, another 9 miles gone.

Do you now, or, have you ever at any point logged into ANYTHING with your tesla credentials? This drain is usually "something is keeping the car awake". Whatever that "something" is, is what you need to determine. You say that sentry and cabin overheat protection is off. The other usual culprit of this is having some third party app that either doesnt play nice, or is mis configured, and is keeping the car awake.

Examples (you likely know this since you mention this is not your first Tesla), are ANY watch app, Teslafi, Stats, A better route planner (if logged into it) or ANY other app other than the tesla app that can interact with the car in ANY way.

Im not saying all of these are bad, but they have to be eliminated as a culprit when trying to figure out whats keeping your car awake. Its also not enough to log out of these apps, since they use a token and even when logging out your token will still be good for some amount of time. You will need to change your tesla account password, and then check over a 24/48 hour period to see if you have a drain issue.

Upvote 0
Thanks for any suggestions. I’m willing to try anything.
I’m going to start with the last suggestion of deleting everything and starting over. Great idea. Like restarting a computer. Which it is.

Note: Tesla Orland Park is currently and has been in possession of the car. I’ve repeatedly made aware of the issue and the % of loss. How can they say that this kind of loss is within parameters with mild weather and an air conditioned garage. Why aren’t they doing the fixes on a 2022 car? How do they not know all of the possible reasons and work backwards.
FYI:
I’ve never used a third party app.
This is my 3rd Model S in 7 years. I’m familiar with a lot of the tech.
Regardless of the unit of measurement, the loss is excessive.
I’ve tried logging out completely for days, loss is still consistently high.
I’m currently checking twice a day and taking screen shots of loss to document.
Mild, cold, hot, loss is consistent.

Upvote 0
I’m going to start with the last suggestion of deleting everything and starting over. Great idea. Like restarting a computer. Which it is.

Note: Tesla Orland Park is currently and has been in possession of the car. I’ve repeatedly made aware of the issue and the % of loss. How can they say that this kind of loss is within parameters with mild weather and an air conditioned garage. Why aren’t they doing the fixes on a 2022 car? How do they not know all of the possible reasons and work backwards.
FYI:
Man I totally get what youre going through, its happening for me also, new tesla model 3, vampire drain of 8-10% per 24 hours. Please let me know if you find any fix, the first available date for service for me in ROmania is 4th of september, I am just hoping that a new update will fix the issue. Are you also having problems with park assist? Mine turned unavailable overnight also.

Upvote 0

FYI:
Minor but note every time you check it you are firing up all systems and taking it out of sleep mode. Checking 3-5 times a day/night will create the same drain.

Upvote 0