Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC Estimated Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y LR| White | White | 19" | Tow No | FSD Yes | Vancouver, BC
OD: Mar 07 2022
EDD: Nov 16 - Dec 28
------------------------------
May 22: Jul 11 - Aug 22
May 25: Jul 14 - Aug 18
Jul 14: Jul 23 - Aug 20
Jul 19: Jul 28 - Aug 11

Jul 23: Jul 27 - Aug 10
Jul 28: Nov 18 2022 - Jan 13 2023
Aug 03: Nov 16 - Dec 28

MYP: White/White interior, no FSD no tow

Richmond delivery location

OD: 05/21/2022
EDD1: Aug - Sept 2022
EDD2: July 25 - Aug 29, 2022
EDD Aug 10 - Sept 07
EDD Aug 7 - Aug 21
EDD Aug 11 - Aug 20

Updated tonight:
EDD Aug 12 - Aug 15

VIN from source code.

78 days order to vin.

Reactions: Individoo
OD: March 7
MYLR-5
Blue/Black
No other addons

EDD:
August
September
Nov 9 - Dec 21 (first time ive ever had a range)
Tesla's ordering system is sure messed up.
My order is the exact same as yours. For now I'm picking up in Vancouver (Langley location) but will likely get to pick up at the temporary Victoria location they are getting ready to open as they construct the permanent Victoria location.
I ordered 4 days after you on March 11th.
My EDD is Nov 6-Dec18
How does that make any sense?
I guess we know by now that Tesla EDDs make no sense.
The only difference with my order is originally I had no options with MSM paint and switched in July which then changed my EDD to an actual date range from Mar-Jun 2023.

In the end we will probably get our cars out of the same Blue paint batch and be very similar delivery. Who knows which will actually be delivered first. I'll be interested to follow your EDD updates going forward compared to mine.

Reactions: booruce
Oh 100%, its not first come first served at all. It's some weird random thing going on which has appears to have no logical explanation lol.
It absolutely has a logical explanation. Pay more, get your car faster. There is no other explainable reason why an MYP is 2-3 months from order to delivery and an MYLR is 7-9 months. Or why a MYLR with FSD is delivered 5-6 months before one without. It’s a pretty poor way for Tesla to build a loyal customer base. Makes people feel like crap because they’re spending 90k on a car after tax, (which is still a boatload of money and is a luxury vehicle), not 100k+

Last edited:
It absolutely has a logical explanation. Pay more, get your car faster. There is no other explainable reason why an MYP is 2-3 months from order to delivery and an MYLR is 7-9 months. Or why a MYLR with FSD is delivered 5-6 months before one without. It’s a pretty poor way for Tesla to build a loyal customer base. Makes people feel like crap because they’re spending 90k on a car after tax, (which is still a boatload of money and is a luxury vehicle), not 100k+
I agree it is unfortunate and not fair to have to wait longer than someone who ordered after you but happened to order a more $$ configuration. I can pragmatically see why Tesla is doing this though, especially right now when their production output is lower due to supply issues. They need to maximize revenue.
I am expecting / hoping this 'spend more and jump the line' system will eventually go away when (if?) things calm down a bit 😏🤞🤞

Not wanting to derail this thread but just wanted to ask local people if they happen to know if MYP spoilers/badges are installed locally before delivery or if they come from the factory installed? Wondering for the reason of potentially wanting to have paint protection film or a wrap installed, I'm assuming the spoiler being on already would NOT be ideal....
Thanks!

I agree it is unfortunate and not fair to have to wait longer than someone who ordered after you but happened to order a more $$ configuration. I can pragmatically see why Tesla is doing this though, especially right now when their production output is lower due to supply issues. They need to maximize revenue.
I am expecting / hoping this 'spend more and jump the line' system will eventually go away when (if?) things calm down a bit 😏🤞🤞
Their production output isn’t lower because of supply. In fact, they posted an earnings beat in quarter 2, despite Shanghai being shut down. They were expected to deliver 300k vehicles in the 2nd quarter but instead delivered 250k. Because Shanghai was shut down, not because of supply. It’s a farce. Supply cost has gone up, hence the increase in price. In fact, the Tesla website states that June 2022 was their highest vehicle production month in Tesla history. Take this against 2021 2nd quarter when they delivered 201k vehicles. This was pre-war, which is supposed to the the major factor driving up costs for battery and other material for production. Now, to be fair, two other factories came online but had minimal production, but even still, their existence wil Naturally push up manufacturing numbers.

Last edited:
Not wanting to derail this thread but just wanted to ask local people if they happen to know if MYP spoilers/badges are installed locally before delivery or if they come from the factory installed? Wondering for the reason of potentially wanting to have paint protection film or a wrap installed, I'm assuming the spoiler being on already would NOT be ideal....
Thanks!
I’m not sure, Walleve. You could always phone the company you’re gonna have do the work and ask them. I’m sure they’ve wrapped a model Y with PPF before. It’s pretty common. I’m getting mine done when it comes.

Reactions: WALLEVE
Woke up this morning to a significant improvement in my EDD. Went from Nov 6- Dec 18 to now Sep 28-Nov 2.
Maybe Austin is taking the load off the backlog or maybe US customers are starting to delay to try for the $7500 tax credit in Jan??

Either way I'll take it. No need to switch to MYP anymore the way things are trending. Will see if Tesla tries to squeeze my delivery into Sept EOQ.

Woke up this morning to a significant improvement in my EDD. Went from Nov 6- Dec 18 to now Sep 28-Nov 2.
Maybe Austin is taking the load off the backlog or maybe US customers are starting to delay to try for the $7500 tax credit in Jan??

Either way I'll take it. No need to switch to MYP anymore the way things are trending. Will see if Tesla tries to squeeze my delivery into Sept EOQ.
SAME!

OD: March 7
MYLR-5
Blue/Black
No other addons

EDD:
August
September
Nov 9 - Dec 21
Sep 23 - Oct 28