Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every alert about a new post on this thread, results in me:

latest

Me too. Everyone is so twitchy right now that I think if I joked about getting a vin I might die a painful death.

• Funny
Reactions: Electroman
Count me in for vancouver as well. Configured on May 2, 2018, Silver, upgraded wheels.

When was your invite?

The last BC invite we know came April 26, 2018...

Invite came on April 26th, I reserved Aug 10/17

...unless someone else chimes in. I'm thinking Tesla wants a certain amount ready for transport to BC and once they reach that number they start production and issue our VINs, and it will be about 3 weeks to delivery from that time. That's just my guess though.

Every alert about a new post on this thread, results in me:

Yes, me too, and unfortunately there's still nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Not much of an update but a little something:

My husband works in Vancouver and just stopped by the Tesla store on his way home. He did his best to try and get some indication of timelines. The fellow he was speaking to let him know that they are expecting a big delivery of Model 3s in approximately five weeks. He didn't know or wouldn't say where deliveries would be done or anything else my husband inquired about.

If that's true they will miss their timeline by 3 weeks ...11 weeks+ rather than 8 weeks...that's almost 3 months !!

My husband works in Vancouver and just stopped by the Tesla store on his way home. He did his best to try and get some indication of timelines. The fellow he was speaking to let him know that they are expecting a big delivery of Model 3s in approximately five weeks. He didn't know or wouldn't say where deliveries would be done or anything else my husband inquired about.

If that's true they will miss their timeline by 3 weeks ...11 weeks+ rather than 8 weeks...that's almost 3 months !!

True. I suppose it does line up with the phone calls some in BC received advising them that delivery would be in June. Perhaps the thought was that if folks knew in advance not to expect delivery within 8 weeks, it'd cut down on the fretting.

Not sure that worked. ;)

Has everyone received a phone call to fill out their rebate paperwork? I read that some people had. I haven’t had any contact from Tesla other than my invitation to configure.☹️

I didn’t receive a phone call at all but had trouble with one step of the configuration process, so called Tesla Vancouver. Once I was put in touch with my Delivery Advisor, I asked if I could fill out the rebate paperwork and she emailed it right over.

Has everyone received a phone call to fill out their rebate paperwork? I read that some people had. I haven’t had any contact from Tesla other than my invitation to configure.☹️

Yes. I configured March 27th and got a call a little later, have filled in and submitted the paper work.

5 weeks time sounds in line with what I was told (mid-June). Annoying that it’s taken so long, but at least we’re all in the same boat.

Although the Tesla employees are usually the last to know, especially when it comes to timelines, this estimate makes sense to me. Tesla is building a bunch of cars now for back east. I think our batch will be made in a couple of weeks (but please prove me wrong and make it sooner for our VIN assignments!) and then from manufacturing to delivery we're at five weeks. It also places us in mid-June which is what we've been told. Well, actually we were told 4 to 8 weeks when we ordered, but anyone who believed that hasn't had the joy of experiencing "Tesla time".

Reactions: Kira
I didn’t receive a phone call at all but had trouble with one step of the configuration process, so called Tesla Vancouver. Once I was put in touch with my Delivery Advisor, I asked if I could fill out the rebate paperwork and she emailed it right over.
Thanks Kira, maybe I’ll call tomorrow to see if they can do the same for me. On another, yet related note, my Tesla wall charger came today. Shipping was super quick—I just ordered 3 days ago. Now to find an electrician to do the install. Anyone know a good electrician?

I was just in for service on the 8th for my model S. I saw the display model 3 and had a seat inside for a look. While talking to one of the showroom guys, he eluded to a delivery much like the model X was done there a while back. I speculate they will try to do a batch delivery/release, making it more of an event than a one on one delivery. I guess stay tuned for an evite...

Reactions: Padfutonian
I was just in for service on the 8th for my model S. I saw the display model 3 and had a seat inside for a look. While talking to one of the showroom guys, he eluded to a delivery much like the model X was done there a while back. I speculate they will try to do a batch delivery/release, making it more of an event than a one on one delivery. I guess stay tuned for an evite...
Model 3 party? I'll bring the drinks.

I called Tesla, .w 4th, yesterday and the guy I talked to said that there's "a LOT" of model 3s coming in the 2nd or 3rd week of June. When I pressed and asked how many "a LOT" was (is it thousands, or hundreds), he said hundreds. Thick accent, however and I had to ask him to repeat himself multiple times. Think he just wanted the phone call to end. ;)

I configured on April 27, so probably not in the first wave (my assumption, not due to being told anything by Tesla). Trying not to get my hopes up....;)

I configured on April 27, so probably not in the first wave (my assumption, not due to being told anything by Tesla). Trying not to get my hopes up....;)

I predict your vehicle will be part of the first batch. No one has a VIN yet and they likely needed more orders for our batch which is why people got invites as recently as April 26. Just my guess though, of course. Sorry if I get your hopes up and it turns out wrong -- but the anticipation is all part of buying a Tesla. It's like being a kid on Christmas eve all over again!

Reactions: Kira
Lol! I hope you're right!! I was convinced I wouldn't see my model 3 till early Jan '19, but when I got the invite to configure, I totally reverted back to little kid excitement. ;). Would be so nice to get the car before summer and still get some of that disappearing rebate money...

Fingers and toes crossed that all of us in BC who have configured our cars get them soon-ish in June and that we all get that 5G rebate!!! Good news is that we're a LOT closer to the factory than anywhere else in Canada,so shipping our babies shouldn't take very long:)

Reactions: Canuck and Kira
Agreed @Yooner — summer road trips, rebate money, and of course the car itself are going to be great! What will also be wonderful is to no longer have these ever-increasing compulsions to check multiple forums and the Tesla account non-stop throughout the day for any whiff of news / progress. Not sure how I handled the past two years of waiting so calmly (comparatively)... :confused:

Reactions: Canuck and akidesir