Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Convinced myself last night that - unlike most Mondays - this Monday would be great because someone in BC would get their VIN. But realistically, if the first shipment to BC isn't even arriving until mid-June (supposedly), it's possible that people won't hear about their VINs for awhile yet. I'm trying to fill this time with other prep (meeting with an electrician, setting up a shade sail carport, etc).

Any one wishing they held off for the AWD instead of RWD? I know it barely snows here but I'm coming from a quattro so I think I'll miss the AWD. Current car is a monster in the snow and hills are no problem.
It’s such a different car that I think it’s hard to compare. My concern with waiting was not getting the rebate due a) the car being too $$$ b) the rebate running out. Also, I don’t think Canadian will necessarily get the dual motors this summer, I imagine it’ll be EOY.

It’s such a different car that I think it’s hard to compare. My concern with waiting was not getting the rebate due a) the car being too $$$ b) the rebate running out. Also, I don’t think Canadian will necessarily get the dual motors this summer, I imagine it’ll be EOY.
Agreed. All sorts of variables come into play...I feel like I need to revisit analytics and make up a decision tree or something. Lol

Exactly this! Wanted to qualify for the rebate and was worried about the timing and blowing the 77k cap. Albertans are due to get their first shipments end of June as well. Would have thought our proximity to Cali would have put us a little ahead. Oh well, originally thought I would get the M3 in Jan ‘19, so anytime in June is a vast improvement. Little kid in me is still waiting anxiously though and being non-productive lurking in various forums....;)

Reactions: Lewisball
Is there a limit to the $5000 rebate? Can someone fill me in?

If you keep an eye on the top of this page, you see the remaining funds left for the rebate. According to my Delivery Advisor, those who configured before or in April should be fine to get the rebate, but she advised that we do need the VIN before Tesla can submit the paperwork so everything is on hold until those are assigned.

If you keep an eye on the top of this page, you see the remaining funds left for the rebate. According to my Delivery Advisor, those who configured before or in April should be fine to get the rebate, but she advised that we do need the VIN before Tesla can submit the paperwork so everything is on hold until those are assigned.

After the fund runs out, what happened? Have to wait to see if there is new budget for next year?

After the fund runs out, what happened? Have to wait to see if there is new budget for next year?

Per the FAQ page:

WHAT HAPPENS IF FUNDS ARE DEPLETED BEFORE THE PROGRAM END DATE MARCH 31, 2020?

Once the funds are depleted the program ends.

I understand the program started in 2011, was renewed in 2015, and again in 2017. Perhaps it's possible that more funds could be added if they are exhausted before 2020, but I'm not knowledgeable enough on the program to speculate about that.

I've noticed it go down by around $1.5 Million in the last 3 weeks, at this rate I don't think it'll last until standard range and it'll be close for those hoping to get AWD.

Also, where will you get financing from? Vancity offers prime+1 for EVs (+3 for regular cars), but that still might be less than what Tesla offers.

It looks like there is plenty left. Shows $12 million. What’s the rush?