Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No VIN on my order page but I have a VIN when I go to order a HPWC -- it shows as M3-0296XX -- I don't know why we don't post the full VINs here when anyone can walk up to our cars and read the VIN on the windshield, but best to err on the side of caution so I won't post the full one. But I wonder if the last two digits are the same for me as others and it's not our actual VIN? So I PM'd Kira with my full VIN to see if it's the same as hers.

Reactions: Lewisball
So I emailed my DA, and asked if there's any potential for the VIN info I see in the HPWC checkout to change as I was unsure about ordering my HPWC if there's a possibility of a different VIN appearing on the invoice as what our actual VIN might be.

She wrote back within 10 minutes (!!) to say:

Hi Kira,

Once the VIN was assigned it won’t be changed. Your full VIN will be:
XXXXXXXXXXX0290XX

Hope it helps.

***Edited to add that I got a follow up email from the DA saying:

By the way, I hope you didn’t order the HPWC yet. I just talked with my manager it may get a chance to change your VIN. Hope it is not too late to deliver this information.

o_O

I don't need to go to the local fair - Tesla provides all the roller-coaster ride I can take.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Tony_YYZ and Canuck
This is good news with our VINs at least showing up when we order stuff, and it's not just a generic VIN since they are different for everyone, even though they are not yet on our order page. It's odd though that they can possibly change though. Kira, why does it matter if the VIN is wrong on your HPWC invoice? I think just order it and get it installed and ready!

I called Tesla Vancouver awhile back about a difficulty I was having uploading one of the drivers' license photos and the person who answered transferred me to my DA. We've been chatting via email since then, though I've been trying not to bug her often.

I've been having an issue uploading one of the drivers license photos too. When I open up the chrome developer console and look at network requests I can see that Tesla's server cancels the request. I've tried with different browsers and computers and with diff photos with same results. I called Tesla about this back in April and they just told me that it wouldn't affect delivery date and that my DA would look after it at some point. I haven't heard from DA yet but it is good to hear that i'm not the only one who is having difficulty with the drivers license photos. Looks to me like there is some sort of bug going on there.

This is good news with our VINs at least showing up when we order stuff, and it's not just a generic VIN since they are different for everyone, even though they are not yet on our order page. It's odd though that they can possibly change though. Kira, why does it matter if the VIN is wrong on your HPWC invoice? I think just order it and get it installed and ready!
Yeah, super weird. I emailed my DA to see if he can send me my full VIN. Will let you guys know if he has any info.

Kira, why does it matter if the VIN is wrong on your HPWC invoice? I think just order it and get it installed and ready!

I don't know that it does matter - but as I'll be applying for the Plug-In Level 2 Charger rebate, I didn't want there to be any potential inconsistencies that might impact the rebate. I suspect it'll be just fine even if the VIN changes, as we could simply explain the situation.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
I've been having an issue uploading one of the drivers license photos too. When I open up the chrome developer console and look at network requests I can see that Tesla's server cancels the request. I've tried with different browsers and computers and with diff photos with same results. I called Tesla about this back in April and they just told me that it wouldn't affect delivery date and that my DA would look after it at some point. I haven't heard from DA yet but it is good to hear that i'm not the only one who is having difficulty with the drivers license photos. Looks to me like there is some sort of bug going on there.

I understand if you scroll to the bottom of the page and change the site to the US version, then try again, you may not have that difficulty anymore. Others have had success with that trick, hopefully it works for you!

I don't know that it does matter - but as I'll be applying for the Plug-In Level 2 Charger rebate, I didn't want there to be any potential inconsistencies that might impact the rebate. I

I didn't even know there was a rebate and I recently bought another one off Ebay: "Tesla Wall Connector 24' Model S/X/3 Wall- 2nd Gen ( sealed in box)" for $250US including shipping. I couldn't believe the price, and I didn't even need it since I have one at my home and one at my cabin, but I though they are wear items and if one fails it's best to have a backup. I also thought when we get rid of our Leaf, I will replace our Clipper Creek CS-60 at 48 amps with the HPWC that goes up to 80 amps.

I paid $1,500 for my first HPWC over 4 years ago, then they dropped the price in half to $750 and I bought another. Now I see they are $633 Can from Tesla. I also see we get 75% off the HPWC or EVSE including installation. I paid to install a HPWC and EVSE at my home before that was available. And it seems I don't qualify for the rebate for a backup HPWC since I am not installing it:

Charging Solutions & Incentives - Plug In BC

I also purchased this recently:

Wall Mount Retractor for CS EV Charging Stations | ClipperCreek

That will make it easier to charge both the S and 3 in the garage by managing the cable off the ceiling in the middle of both vehicles.

Get your HPWC installed and ready Kira -- don't worry about the VIN -- I don't see the link as requiring it being tied to a VIN and like you say, you can simply explain the situation.

Reactions: Kira
Hurry Tesla! With gas prices out here in BC, even the RCMP are getting desperate...

P_20180514_194258_vHDR_Auto.png

So the folks in Ontario who got VINs on May 15th are getting calls for delivery on June 5th. Do you think we might be on a fairly similar timeline?

So the folks in Ontario who got VINs on May 15th are getting calls for delivery on June 5th. Do you think we might be on a fairly similar timeline?

It's hard to figure out since once you have a VIN assigned, that usually means your car is in production. Assuming our cars are in production, then June 5 is certainly doable. However, I would predict mid-June rather than early June -- but let's hope I'm wrong!

I think we should recieve it earlier then them as we are only 1500km from Tesla Factory as opposed to 4300km to Ontario...but again no one seem to know when these cars were manufactured or if they are manufactured at all ...I'm thinking they will probably release them all at the same time east coast and west coast ...make sense to start from east first as transportation times are 3 times more than west ...I might be wrong

No VIN on my order page but I have a VIN when I go to order a HPWC -- it shows as M3-0296XX -- I don't know why we don't post the full VINs here when anyone can walk up to our cars and read the VIN on the windshield, but best to err on the side of caution so I won't post the full one. But I wonder if the last two digits are the same for me as others and it's not our actual VIN? So I PM'd Kira with my full VIN to see if it's the same as hers.

Interesting.. thanks to whoever discovered the VIN disclose location.

My charger purchase check out page shows M3-0279xx