Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, I have a VIN but haven't been called for a delivery date yet. Will just wait until I have a delivery date and get insurance to start then. Not paying for insurance in advance if I don't have to.
How long did it take for a VIN to show up on your order? I ordered on May 6, and noticed that my order page went to the same status as your screenshot (delivery date, etc.), but no VIN has been assigned yet.

Thanks. Target delivery date for me is set for May 25. Wonder how accurate that estimate will end up being.

Mine still says May 21st but we were in the Tesla store the other day and asked about that and as others have said, they told us to just ignore that. It's just a computer generated date and doesn't really reflect reality (wonder why they even bother putting it there) and that someone will call us. When that will happen, who knows.

I just picked up my black/black SR+ In Vancouver and paid 12% tax despite being over $55k. They include the fed A/C tax in the taxable subtotal as it’s a taxable fee. Breakdown for SR+ with no add on’s is $55,080 + tax (12%) + financing fee (varies and charged by the bank - Scotia charges $64.10 ). Then you subtract rebates and deposit. Total out the door for me was $48553.70

May i ask how much you paid for the deposit?
I bought SR+ with autopilot, black + black and paid $57941 back at March!

I know i missed that, thanks for the reminder. I just shock to see "out the door price" is $48553.70 and that is damn good.
This by far is one of the most appalled car purchasing experience i've ever done (great car though)
I think the "out the door" number noted is net of the deposit (probably $3200) so really it should be added back on to get true "out-the-door" price.

Good for you, did you get it before the FSD price hike as well?
Yes it was 6600 then.. and even then I was really on the fence whether it would make sense for me. At the moment it does not. I live in east van and rarely hit the highway. Basically I’m banking on the stop/red light recognition because that will be a game changer for the city driving I do.
And I’m hoping the self parking helps my wife.. lol..

Yes it was 6600 then.. and even then I was really on the fence whether it would make sense for me. At the moment it does not. I live in east van and rarely hit the highway. Basically I’m banking on the stop/red light recognition because that will be a game changer for the city driving I do.
And I’m hoping the self parking helps my wife.. lol..

If I do got the $5000 incentive like all of you guys I will definitely go for the FSD option. I only have the basic autopilot now and to be honest the autopilot works only in highway and from time to time it really behaves like a 13 years old behind the wheel (quite a few times it can't even keep on the lane on a slight curve with clear marking and on some turn it even tries to steer towards the wall).

Hope i can hear some more feedback from you guys in lower mainland with the FSD experience as I'm patiently waiting for the right time to upgrade my car to FSD as well.

Hope i can hear some more feedback from you guys in lower mainland with the FSD experience as I'm patiently waiting for the right time to upgrade my car to FSD as well.

My experience with it is from the demo car I had for 24h, model 3 SR+.. it’s autopilot worked well driving across east broadway in Vancouver rush hour traffic. On the highway it seemed perfect, stayed steady in the centre of its lane and automatic lane changes worked with stalk confirmation on highway. It even did a self lane change on east broadway ave when I hit the turn signal.

There were a few conservative braking maneuvers that I wouldn’t have done but they were not unsafe..

Last edited:
My experience with it is from the demo car I had for 24h, model 3 SR+.. it’s autopilot worked well driving across east broadway in Vancouver rush hour traffic. On the highway it seemed perfect, stayed steady in the centre of its lane and automatic lane changes worked with stalk confirmation on highway. It even did a self lane change on east broadway ave when I hit the turn signal.

There were a few conservative braking maneuvers that I wouldn’t have done but they were not unsafe..

Should really only use AP on the highways and not on city streets.

I just picked up my black/black SR+ In Vancouver and paid 12% tax despite being over $55k. They include the fed A/C tax in the taxable subtotal as it’s a taxable fee. Breakdown for SR+ with no add on’s is $55,080 + tax (12%) + financing fee (varies and charged by the bank - Scotia charges $64.10 ). Then you subtract rebates and deposit. Total out the door for me was $48553.70
definitely include your deposit when quoting an “out the door price” or call it “ total car cost”? Amount owing on delivery would have been $48k if this table is right:
A9B0CC2D-C9CE-4E00-BC6A-C4CECEF92A43.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: fidodido