Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well i sent some pictures to the service department about the trunk alignment and paint issue, and their feedback was "within spec" but i can still go by to the shop for a quick inspection. I can definitely sense they are pushing back to fix stuff
View attachment 334092 View attachment 334093

That trunk alignment doesn’t look like it should be within any reasonable QC spec...could just be the angle though.

Well i sent some pictures to the service department about the trunk alignment and paint issue, and their feedback was "within spec" but i can still go by to the shop for a quick inspection. I can definitely sense they are pushing back to fix stuff
Yea... there’s not rush at this point. Maybe when you bring it in for your first service they can fix these superficial issues

From the photos, I’m guessing the panel alignment is hard to fix. Not totally sure. I have a bit of misalignment on both my Tesla’s, but I’ve learned to accept it.

The photo with the paint just looks dirty. Or maybe that is dirt embedded in the paint?

From the photos, I’m guessing the panel alignment is hard to fix. Not totally sure. I have a bit of misalignment on both my Tesla’s, but I’ve learned to accept it.

The photo with the paint just looks dirty. Or maybe that is dirt embedded in the paint?

Well like i said i don't mind the gap, but i want both side look even, now one side is lift up and shift toward to the right a little bit

My brother and a friend just got their AUDI S5 and BMW 540 last month and were shocked to find out the finishing. Totally not what they expect on a $80k car

i had the same trunk alignment issue in the same spot. I had to take my car in for them to fix a scratch on the car and while it was there they told me the same thing about it being in spec but they still fixed it.

Speaking of the trunk, I noticed that on both bottom corners of the trunk it was starting to come in contact with the bumper when it closes thus starting to scratch the paint. I put a couple strips of clear 3M PPF over the contact areas to hopefully prevent any further paint rub, I suggest you all keep an eye on this and do the same.

i had the same trunk alignment issue in the same spot. I had to take my car in for them to fix a scratch on the car and while it was there they told me the same thing about it being in spec but they still fixed it.

so the SC able to align it at the spot and no need to take it to a body shop?? I booked an appointment and was told they will measure it first and if it needs to fix, i will have to bring it to a body shop.

that's correct, they fixed it at the SC on West 4th. They loosened a couple of bolts, re-aligned it and tightened the bolts up again.

ok good to know
I hope i don't waste my time driving all the way and hear them saying "within spec, cannot do anything about it" haha
and with 2 kids, moving car seats to another car is a pain!

What scratches you had with you car?

Last edited:
ok good to know
I hope i don't waste my time driving all the way and hear them saying "within spec, cannot do anything about it" haha
and with 2 kids, moving car seats to another car is a pain!

What scratches you had with you car?
i was told that it was within spec as well but they said they would still take a look at it.

I had a scratch on a part of the vehicle that they were easily able to replace, no need to send it to a body shop.