Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up a red AWD this week! Did you checklist the car during delivery? Just wondering about build quality, paint issues, body damage, etc.

Build quality is phenomenal (to my knowledge.. just picked up yesterday). Went though the most important items on the checklist and then did the rest at home. It was quite dark so I recommend you bring a bright flashlight. They were happy to let me take my time and to go over the car and borrow their flashlight. Major issues I looked for before leaving the delivery center were paint issues, glass issues, panel gaps, and scrapes under the front/back of the car and rims as most other issues usually don't require refusal of delivery and can be taken care of at a later time.

Inspect the paint and glass carefully. I took a good 30-40 minutes while waiting for the paperwork. Those are the most important and once you drive off it's hard to tell who's at fault for those issues.

As for my car - I only noticed some minor adhesive residue on the top of the trunk and in the interior of the windshield. I'll be inspecting it even closer this coming week.

I went with BCAA as well for my Model 3 insurance and I've also been using them for my other car (Nissan Leaf) for a couple years. No issues so far, they are generally great and the price is quite reasonable. I definitely recommend getting the replacement cost plus coverage option for your model 3. If your vehicle damage exceeds 50% in the first 3 years of ownership, they will replace with a new vehicle.

Just switched to BCAA today. Saved over $700 in insurance. Amazing customer service and would highly recommend the staff at the location in North Van.

Reactions: fidodido
I was there yesterday picking up my car...they said they expected 90 cars to be picked up from 10am - 7pm yesterday but half the cars were stuck on a couple trucks at the border. Would have been madness if it was the full 90 yesterday.

Pretty smooth and easy process and the people there were pretty helpful and friendly.

Maybe I saw you there! I was there around 6pm....

edit: sorry for spam, not sure how to reply to multiple posts..

Build quality is phenomenal (to my knowledge.. just picked up yesterday). Went though the most important items on the checklist and then did the rest at home. It was quite dark so I recommend you bring a bright flashlight. They were happy to let me take my time and to go over the car and borrow their flashlight. Major issues I looked for before leaving the delivery center were paint issues, glass issues, panel gaps, and scrapes under the front/back of the car and rims as most other issues usually don't require refusal of delivery and can be taken care of at a later time.

Inspect the paint and glass carefully. I took a good 30-40 minutes while waiting for the paperwork. Those are the most important and once you drive off it's hard to tell who's at fault for those issues.

As for my car - I only noticed some minor adhesive residue on the top of the trunk and in the interior of the windshield. I'll be inspecting it even closer this coming week.
Thanks for the info! I'm scheduled for delivery first thing in the morning at 10am so there should be lots of light (assuming it's not raining).

Reactions: fidodido
Is there any Tents set up ? I thought they were setting up tents at the Powell St. location.
My time is 7:30 pm on Sept. 30th. I'm going to see if I can get an earlier time.. It's crazy that Tesla is making customers inspect a $100,000 vehicle in the dark!

Exactly. Makes no sense. That way, you only see all the defects after you’ve paid for the car.

I strongly encourage you to set an earlier time.

Glad I’m not the only one. Front or rear bumper?

The risk of repainting is that the colour may not match and you will be losing the original factory paint.

Pictures?

Front and rear, No picture yet coz wife took the car, did they offer you to repaint as well?

The SC guy saying paint will match for sure
I talked to my friend who works at a body shop and he said it might turns out better coz the factory paint is so thin and sometimes not even.

Anyone has experience w/ Tesla authorized repair shop?

Vancouver delivery center must be totally SWAMPED right now, because I've been trying (with no luck) to get a hold of them to confirm my Model 3 has arrived and will be ready for pickup on Thursday (Sept. 20).

Monday: called, went to voicemail, left a message
Tuesday: no callback yet, called again - voicemail box full - called sales and they said they'd call the delivery center and have them check, still haven't heard back from them

I'm taking two days off work and driving from Kelowna, and I really don't want to get there to find out the car is stuck at the border or something.

If anyone has a delivery appointment today at the Powell SC (or you're just bored and want to wander around the lot) I would be eternally grateful if you could look for a red Model 3 with 18" aeros VIN ending with 107039. Thanks!!!

Vancouver delivery center must be totally SWAMPED right now, because I've been trying (with no luck) to get a hold of them to confirm my Model 3 has arrived and will be ready for pickup on Thursday (Sept. 20).

Monday: called, went to voicemail, left a message
Tuesday: no callback yet, called again - voicemail box full - called sales and they said they'd call the delivery center and have them check, still haven't heard back from them

I'm taking two days off work and driving from Kelowna, and I really don't want to get there to find out the car is stuck at the border or something.

If anyone has a delivery appointment today at the Powell SC (or you're just bored and want to wander around the lot) I would be eternally grateful if you could look for a red Model 3 with 18" aeros VIN ending with 107039. Thanks!!!

Your delivery advisor should have that info?