Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update on the process I just went through for anyone else wondering.
  • May 5th order - White SR+ w/ Black Interior + Standard Wheels
  • Website updated with approx. delivery date of May 30th about 10 days after
  • Gave the North Van store a call to check on VIN about 2-3 weeks after (sales person confirmed there was a VIN available and delivery likely first or second week of june)
  • Got a bunch of emails earlier this week from TESLA confirming delivery would actually be May 30th
  • Website posted an updated vehicle sales agreement with all the fee's/tax/etc.
  • Picked up the car with no issues. There were some faint scratches on the rear tail lights and bumper which they buffed out but otherwise no other issues so far. Process took about 2 hours from the original appointment time.
Good luck to anyone taking deliveries soon!

Hey man we ordered the exact car! Except my order date was may 27. I have a couple questions if you and other people could answer.

I'm paying cash, and I know it's done by bank draft. But I read somewhere that if I'm paying cash I actually don't get the provincial and federal incentives until later? So I'm still paying that 10k when picking up? Or am I paying the discounted price?

Thanks in advance!

Hey man we ordered the exact car! Except my order date was may 27. I have a couple questions if you and other people could answer.

I'm paying cash, and I know it's done by bank draft. But I read somewhere that if I'm paying cash I actually don't get the provincial and federal incentives until later? So I'm still paying that 10k when picking up? Or am I paying the discounted price?

Thanks in advance!
No, you pay the discounted rate. The tradeoff is that you don't get to return the car once you accept the incentives.

Not that I know of. I got a rock chip literally after driving off the lot and they ignored me.

What's wrong with your car?
Took delivery yesterday and while there are alignment issues with the car, the most concerning thing is it's impossible to close the driver side door without both hands and body weight from outside.

When I'm inside, I have to slam it really hard that I'm scared it would shatter the glass...

Took delivery yesterday and while there are alignment issues with the car, the most concerning thing is it's impossible to close the driver side door without both hands and body weight from outside.

When I'm inside, I have to slam it really hard that I'm scared it would shatter the glass...
I feel the same way, but it's not uncommon for new cars to take a couple months to break in. Otherwise the drivers door will be super loose.

Hope that's the only thing.

A couple of notes from my conversation with the very helpful delivery person in Las Vegas. First all deliveries will be on 4th now. Since I’m scheduled for Monday I definitely go there instead of Powell, which is still listed on my account.

Second she said that I could take a blank personal cheque with me instead of a certified cheque (there is some confusion about my final payment). As long as it’s under $10k apparently they will take personal cheques and my final owing is either $333 or $1000. I’ll post on Monday if she steered me wrong on this.

No, you pay the discounted rate. The tradeoff is that you don't get to return the car once you accept the incentives.

Oh okay thank you. Good to know, I wonder if that's in the fine print somewhere or the agent just didn't tell me.

My delivery is coming up soon.. can someone share link or post checklist so I can inspect car carefully before delivery? Thanks

I second this! A car pickup checklist would be awesome to have and pinned at the top.

Thanks in advance!

Yep I went through the same process via bank draft. The incentives are taken off upon completion so you'll pay the discounted price. It'll all be laid out when they send you the motor vehicle purchase agreement closer to the time of delivery that has all the fee's and breakdown.

Reactions: 525SNAP
I hope by truck, product moved by rail sees a lot of continuous high vibration. The trucks would likely have air suspension.

I think I would prefer rail, as an open car carrier will catch a lot of flying road debris from other vehicles. Train vibration is probably harmless to a vehicle.

I was more wondering if they move by rail because they could move a greater volume of Tesla’s up here in short order.

Reactions: cadetsea

Thank you. This forum and everyone is seriously awesome. <3

Yep I went through the same process via bank draft. The incentives are taken off upon completion so you'll pay the discounted price. It'll all be laid out when they send you the motor vehicle purchase agreement closer to the time of delivery that has all the fee's and breakdown.

Thanks for the info! What about insurance wise. I am trading in my crappy car and my insurance renewal is in July. What should I do in advance regarding insurance and also making sure that I can save as much money on insurance as possible. Thanks!

Reactions: nagendra