Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yepp, I am indeed on 16.3.2. Huh. I mean, I'm very happy if it comes with HW3, I just didn't expect it.

RE: mobile techs. I'm assuming they need to put it up in the air and use an alignment rack/tool/whatever of some sort that's not feasible for a mobile tech. It is very good to know they're in Kelowna though. The other minor issue is that the driver's door is a bit hard to close, so maybe they can address that.

I'm not sure on the full support in Kelowna, but in Victoria there is a shop that can deal with teslas. I assume it would be something similar if a hoist is required.

In general the doors on the 3 are harder to close, but if one is harder to latch like it was for me, they can adjust it.

I'm not sure on the full support in Kelowna, but in Victoria there is a shop that can deal with teslas. I assume it would be something similar if a hoist is required.

In general the doors on the 3 are harder to close, but if one is harder to latch like it was for me, they can adjust it.

Yeah it's definitely the one door (unfortunately the most-used one!) that's significantly harder to close. Even knowing it, we've had a hard time getting it closed all the time (e.g. walking away and "Huh, it's not locking itself... oh yeah, door").

I wonder if the reason it might have HW3 is this was configured for someone else originally that cancelled. I also have NoA & Summon enabled currently, which I'm not expecting to last. But that might explain why it has it, and the earlier-than-recent-deliveries build date.

Picked up my Blue LR AWD w/ AP yesterday. The West 4th location is dog-friendly if anyone else is wondering.

It was their first "triple-digit" (>100 cars for delivery) day yesterday according to the folks there. I had a 10am appointment thankfully, but you could tell the storm of people coming for sure.

I think a few asks are in order of the folks here, based on things I heard while taking delivery:
  • Don't b**** about what the car does and does not come with. The people you're complaining to have no control over it (especially the delivery folk in the garage), and have no way to correct it on site. Your beef is with Tesla, not the employees pulling 11+ hour shifts to manage these 100+ deliveries per day in an honestly impressive manner. You're dealing with humans just like you, and you're not the first to complain about no frunk mat.
  • If you have extremely minor issues (small paint defects, etc.), just note it with a picture and deal with it later if you can. Unless you strongly feel that you should refuse delivery, your complaining again won't get you anywhere except to add to the upset of dealing with complaints they don't have the ability to immediately resolve on delivery.
  • Treat this like any other car purchase, because it is. For example, my last vehicle (Honda) I actually bought unseen since they had to transfer it from another dealership. There was an issue with the steering wheel (torn leather), which they replaced free of charge. They understand small issues and will be absolutely happy to help sort them out to have a happy customer.
So, with that out of the way...

Arrived at 9:48am at the West 4th location (plenty of nearby street parking around on a Saturday morning), technically before opening but we were not the first. They got us to wait in the "lounge" with others for about 15 minutes. Tesla & financing paperwork was quick, even though we had a small issue (my fault) with our financing paperwork. Insurance takes the bulk of the time. Got plates, sent back to check-in desk, and since our car was already in the garage they sent us down the elevator to take delivery.

I received the car with a 63% charge. Software was already up to date. Build date was mid April, so it actually came with USB cables and the NEMA 14-50 adaptor that newer cars don't come with to my understanding (I guess I need to cancel my online order for the 14-50... or does someone in Kelowna want to pay me for it :) ). Of course, this means I probably have HW2.5 since we did not order with FSD.
There was a scratch or paint defect or something behind the driver's side rear wheel where the panels meet. Minor. There was also a scuff on the front passenger's side right in front of the wheel. Unsure if just wax or something, because it wiped right off with extremely minor scratching so is no big deal.

Even though we were an early delivery, it was still 1h20m later before we got out of the garage.

On the long drive home, I noticed the only issue I'm upset about. The wheel alignment is currently terrible. It takes leftward curves on the highway all by itself, and rightward curves take more effort than they should (this is regardless of the bank to the road, and is definitely some alignment-related issue AFAIK). I'll have to figure out what to do as I'm 500km from the nearest Tesla service centre.

I'm happy with my purchase, and the delivery experience was honestly not that bad.

EDIT: I also don't know if this is a consistent thing, but I wasn't charged for the Supercharger session in Hope on the way back home. It showed the amount while charging, but it didn't pop up in account history (but the stop in Kelowna that night did show up). I wonder if they give you one free session.

Congrats! Especially the HW3 and the extra stuff you got. A side question, my wife saw a Tesla 3 with a silver license plate frame and said she want that. I kind of remember some1 said they just tape your plate on model 3. Is there an option to buy the silver plate frame? Thx!

Yeah it's definitely the one door (unfortunately the most-used one!) that's significantly harder to close. Even knowing it, we've had a hard time getting it closed all the time (e.g. walking away and "Huh, it's not locking itself... oh yeah, door").

I wonder if the reason it might have HW3 is this was configured for someone else originally that cancelled. I also have NoA & Summon enabled currently, which I'm not expecting to last. But that might explain why it has it, and the earlier-than-recent-deliveries build date.

Sounds like one of my rear doors before. 2019.16.3.2 introduced auto lane change which is required for NoA.

Congrats! Especially the HW3 and the extra stuff you got. A side question, my wife saw a Tesla 3 with a silver license plate frame and said she want that. I kind of remember some1 said they just tape your plate on model 3. Is there an option to buy the silver plate frame? Thx!

Are you talking about the rear plates? those are included with the car. The only "taping" is the front bracket which the plates will screw into. I had a feeling that comment by some smart ass would confuse people.

...isn't not mounting a phone in place a violation of Distracted Driving?

I think you can still get nailed for distracted driving, but, if you mount the phone, there's an exemption for map and music apps...

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/d...ications/electronic-devices-while-driving.pdf

I don't think I'll be able to let go of my AndroidAuto go, so I bought this to mount on the back of the big ipad, which I saw from another forum:

Magnetic Qi Wireless Charging Suction Mount for Smartphones

Will use it, like I'm an Uber driver, for Waze, and also for streaming audio of my choice, as well as my podcast app and--if I can--for texting via voice. All the things I could do on AndroidAuto on my car's screen, I'll have to do through the AndroidAuto app over bluetooth. No idea how well it will work yet.

Edited to add...love how I'll look in my fancy new high-tech car (pics from the link above),

...listening to music:

Audio.PNG

...while navigating:

Navigating.PNG

...and talking on the phone:

Texting.PNG

Last edited:
Hey all,

Will I be receiving a text or a call to confirm my appointment? As my delivery date is approaching (June 12th @3:30pm), I haven't received any proper communication confirming the date and time.

Other than a text on May 29 stating my tentative delivery date and an email from my old OA (who doesn't care to respond to any emails) on June 4th confirming the same date and time, which I already see on my account (i.e June 12th) and his email also said they're waiting for the car to arrive!

As of now, I see my VIN on account and no final contract to be seen anywhere!

I had to call (888) 518-3752 to get my MVPA uploaded. Good service once I called, but some folks on the forum were having the line drop on them. I hit the option for 'I already have a delivery date'.

I had a similar experience. All my calls got disconnected whenever I have selected "delivery in Canada".

I will trying calling them again tomorrow in the morning on my way to work!

32FF738F-0CFD-4DBC-BFA1-80D3C34FF4B9.jpeg
Picked up our SR+ today 2:30pm dropped trade in underground parking. The staff only cared about the kms nothing else. Pulled my plates and dropped the keys off at desk then up to main floor. Check in, wait 15-25mins, paperwork 5-10 mins, insurance 5 mins as I had my own insurance guy pre input all the details. Friendly staff told me my car should be here soon. I told them text me when it’s here and left with wife and son for late lunch.
40 mins later got text saying car is there. Finished my beer a little quicker than normal. Also told wife pay the bill and I’ll meet you back at the telsa store. Got back, went down to P1, staff showed me to car I gave it a 5min look over and it’s fine nothing a quick wash and polish can’t Remedy. Odd glue spots from transport. I’ll probably have s better look once I detail it myself.
“LOVE THIS CAR”

Reactions: samk579 and 9-Volt
View attachment 417584 Picked up our SR+ today 2:30pm dropped trade in underground parking. (...) Odd glue spots from transport. I’ll probably have s better look once I detail it myself.
“LOVE THIS CAR”

I just gave the car a hand wash yesterday and noticed the same thing -- some gluey strips on the passenger side, right behind the front tire. There's such a significant amount of it I'm surprised I didn't notice earlier. Happy to report I didn't see any other paint issues during the wash though, except what is probably some rock dents from the drive home.

3 more days until scheduled delivery, should I call them or will they call me?
Personally, I'd suggest calling and playing dumb (I come by it honestly). I called "because my sales guy said the appointment isn't confirmed until someone calls me, and I haven't heard from anyone and need to make pickup arrangements".

It sounds like getting through these days is like winning the lottery though.

3 more days until scheduled delivery, should I call them or will they call me?

They _probably_ will call/text/email you, but don't 100% count on it unfortunately. The only reason we were contacted is because we had some conflicting info in our initial order re: financing and license details (which may also be why our MVPA never showed up online). Our guy from Toronto that was assigned to us over email since the beginning confirmed the delivery appointment and details 3 days prior to delivery. +1 to Michael Lim.

If you're local, I almost wonder if it's just better to visit West 4th because as @9-Volt mentioned, it's difficult to get through to them right now.

If you're local, I almost wonder if it's just better to visit West 4th because as @9-Volt mentioned, it's difficult to get through to them right now.
I'm not entirely sure if the local folks can help. I think there's a "sales" side (local), and then the "delivery" side (Toronto), but it's a good point to see if the "sales" folks can prod the delivery folks into texting you. In my experience, both my sales and delivery folks used text vs. email/phone (for what it's worth). A long shot, but do you have your cell phone as part of your contact information online?