Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouverites looking into Ceramic or Xpel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agree about Ronnie. Great guy!

I ordered white too. Did you have bumper colour mismatch? The colour seems fine in the photo.

The rear bumper looks off. Rear bumper seems brighter than the rest of the body.

What does paint correction do actually?

Factory paint is uneven with all cars, most likely will colour sand and buff, this will remove scratches and even out the clear coat; removing orange peel.

Bumper paint match is ok. But I have these weird yellow dots on the inside of the wheel well. Going to have Tesla look at it, I expect they will off to repaint it but I’m thinking I just want it documented in case it becomes an issue later. Don’t want to risk that they can’t match the bumper paint.

• Informative
Reactions: phtp
I Personally asked not to have the front license plate holder installed. I decided to get the bumper wrapped with a xpel first. Waiting for it to adhere a bit better, then going to have a small piece attached to the front bumper and attach the licence plate frame to that. In that way if ever I want to remove the plate I risk the tiny piece of xpel being damaged vs the whole front bumper wrap.

I Personally asked not to have the front license plate holder installed. I decided to get the bumper wrapped with a xpel first. Waiting for it to adhere a bit better, then going to have a small piece attached to the front bumper and attach the licence plate frame to that. In that way if ever I want to remove the plate I risk the tiny piece of xpel being damaged vs the whole front bumper wrap.

Smart! I might do the same then.

New video was just posted by "model3man" - local Vancouver man who has several previous videos about Model 3. Thought it would be of interest to this group since he works specifically with a Vancouver-area detailing shop:

Tesla Model 3: Wrap (PPF) and ceramic coating

8185A210-EE04-44F3-8F5B-BA3C65B6CEB1.jpeg
Had Ronnie wrap the front bumper, whole hood, fenders, mirrors and rocker panels. Was going to take a pic but it’s clear and you can’t see it :).

Here’s a pic of how the rocker panel ends comming up the back quarter panel.

• Informative
Reactions: m3snowy and phtp