Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VDS elevation reports N/A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The elevation on the VDS on my 1.5 Roadster suddenly started reporting N/A. Everything else seems fine and there are no error messages.
OVMS reports (0.0, 0.0) for the latitude/longitude.
Could the GPS antenna have come loose since there are no errors reported on the VDS?

The elevation on the VDS on my 1.5 Roadster suddenly started reporting N/A. Everything else seems fine and there are no error messages.
OVMS reports (0.0, 0.0) for the latitude/longitude.
Could the GPS antenna have come loose since there are no errors reported on the VDS?

Absolutely yes. I had exactly this problem. In my case the module had gone cactus. But it's definitely a hardware problem.

That happened to me, too. Tesla replaced the GPS module under my CPO warranty. I estimate that was about 6 months ago.

Another user here restored a salvaged Roadster a few months ago. I vaguely remember him finding the OEM part for only about $90. I'm sure Tesla will charge quite a bit more.

Good luck!

I think mine's loose. If I hit a bump, my elevation goes from ~5280 to 0. Then it climbs back up. I'm sure the coordinates go wonky, too, but I've never checked. I'll have to look for that antenna replacement thread, see how to access it.

I was not aware that you can see the elevation on the VDS ?
on what screen would that be ?

Its printed on the top of the VDS screen to the right (below compass) in a blue font.

Here's a pic pulled from TMC:

attachment.php?attachmentid=58115&stc=1&d=1409545482.jpg