Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle connection error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting this error way more than I’d like and I don’t think the culprit is my phone. My work parking lot is above ground with overall good cell signal. I tried a lot of different spots and that didn’t seem to matter. I still get the error message randomly no matter where I park. I sometimes even get it while the car is at home charging and connected to my home WiFi.

Once the error message shows up, I wouldn’t be able to connect to the car until I open the car door again. This happens 3 out of 10 times I’d say. Software was 24.8 now 28.1 but problem still persists.

My phone key also only works 7 out of 10 times. Kinda frustrating. I have an iPhone 7 Plus and I never have any problems with my phones Bluetooth other functions.

Did anyone manage to sort this problem out “Vehicle connection error”?
I have the same problem since I’ve switched the sim card with another carrier.
The only time I can connect to my car with my Tesla app is when it’s being charged or when I open the doors.
I went to Settings- Safety&Security - Mobile access to switch OFF and back to ON. Still did not work.
I’ve also did a ‘Soft Reset’ to the computer - while you are holding the break, press both of the scrolls downwards and hold until the MCU is shut down. it will reset the whole system. memorised stuff will remain. Still that did not work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

I too am having this issue. Took delivery yesterday and connected just fine for awhile. After 9pm I haven't been able to connect to it since. The vehicle even stops charging, making the Tesla logo go black. When I press the button it turns on for only 20 minutes. Sketchy.

Did anyone manage to sort this problem out “Vehicle connection error”?
I have the same problem since I’ve switched the sim card with another carrier.
The only time I can connect to my car with my Tesla app is when it’s being charged or when I open the doors.
I went to Settings- Safety&Security - Mobile access to switch OFF and back to ON. Still did not work.
I’ve also did a ‘Soft Reset’ to the computer - while you are holding the break, press both of the scrolls downwards and hold until the MCU is shut down. it will reset the whole system. memorised stuff will remain. Still that did not work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Don’t know if it was coincidence or not, but it started working for me when I disabled/re-enabled touchid in the app.