Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle Connection Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Tesla app on my iPhone - just noticed this morning that the phone is having problems connecting to car - it has a "Vehicle Connection Error" - does anybody have a solution to fix? I logged off on the Tesla app and re-signed back in and that didn't help. Thanks for any input!!

I have this issue on an ongoing basis. Sometimes the car will connect, sometimes it will just spin. right now it's 7:05 PM and it says it was last updated at 9:54 AM. I am wondering if it's because I have one of the last 3G cars. FWIW I live right in the heart of a big city and the car is out in the garage right now. Rebooting sometimes works, but not always. It's really frustrating, especially when the car tells me it's somewhere it's not.

This started happening to me since one of the last several updates. It happens much more frequently now. I have tried rebooting the car. I have also experienced the car to require rebooting when it sat in the sun for all day. I get in the car and the car won't do anything. Both of these items have occurred since one of the last two updates.