Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle Delivery sheet says 50 miles on car. Is this standard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am getting my M3 today. I noticed that the delivery sheet says 50 miles. That is very unusual for a new car. It is either the standard number they put in on all paperwork or possibly it is was used as a demo car. If it is 50 miles on the car I am thinking I may refuse delivery. I know that may sound harsh but others get a discount for this type of demo and none was offered or given. What do you think?

i am getting my M3 today. I noticed that the delivery sheet says 50 miles. That is very unusual for a new car. It is either the standard number they put in on all paperwork or possibly it is was used as a demo car. If it is 50 miles on the car I am thinking I may refuse delivery. I know that may sound harsh but others get a discount for this type of demo and none was offered or given. What do you think?
Standard number they use for new cars.

Reactions: Bill Foster

Normal to be listed with 50 and might not have that many actual miles.

New teslas tend to have between 5-20 miles on the odometer, but the paperwork always says 50 on all of their contracts. The 50 on all their contracts what what I was told when I picked up my car and asked the same question (with the same concerns as you, OP).

My car had 12 miles on it, which I was not super thrilled with either lol. I am used to, if you order a new BMW, it typically has 4-8 miles on it tops. A new tesla might have up to 20 miles on it from them moving it around, etc. as long as its under 20 or so I wouldnt worry (20 on the actual odometer, because they wont change the paperwork).

Reactions: neroden
50 is the standard number they put on all paperwork.

I believe it allows for cases where the car is driven some distance to get it to the delivery point; these are rare, but if you live in a remote area, may happen.