Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle may not restart errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this bit is interesting...
1701484437758.png

i always thought that was normal but maybe not n that play should be very small
my car is doing the same n steering does seem a bit wobbly in the center on the freeway...

For steering rack replacement u need to remove subframe.
Officially u need to remove HV pack but it can be done without removing it ( i did it with no issues)

this bit is interesting...
View attachment 995653

i always thought that was normal but maybe not n that play should be very small
my car is doing the same n steering does seem a bit wobbly in the center on the freeway...

For steering rack replacement u need to remove subframe.
Officially u need to remove HV pack but it can be done without removing it ( i did it with no issues)
Yeah I'm not sure what he's talking about. The steering was stiff and the u joint replacement makes sense but I'll have to drive it to see what the noise is jes talking about. Although isn't there a fix for steering rack noise by putting a shim under one side of the steering rack?

@ airborne spoon...

Looks like you were charged just over $1k for a replacement drive unit....am I seeing that right?

What was the estimate if you don't mind me asking?

My car is still at the Mesa, AZ service center. It was supposed to be done this past Friday and it's moved to this Friday. They say they are missing a part they had to order. But the charge on MY estimate for the U version of the LDU is $6k....so I'm confused and hopeful that my repair is closer to your sub $2k fix then the nearly $7k on the estimate!!!

@ airborne spoon...

Looks like you were charged just over $1k for a replacement drive unit....am I seeing that right?

What was the estimate if you don't mind me asking?

My car is still at the Mesa, AZ service center. It was supposed to be done this past Friday and it's moved to this Friday. They say they are missing a part they had to order. But the charge on MY estimate for the U version of the LDU is $6k....so I'm confused and hopeful that my repair is closer to your sub $2k fix then the nearly $7k on the estimate!!!
I bought a new drive unit about a month ago and it took a crap. So there is a 4 year warranty on the drive unit.

I was charged $1k for replacement of a HV cable to the HV junction box and some other parts. The motor was free as was the related labor

Reactions: Fgpalmer71
This is crazy we have to pay $1k for crap that must be replaced purely because of the warranty failure, so how on earth are we being forced to pay that out of pocket and it not be covered by the warranty that forced its replacement? Has anyone had this happen without paying for the harness?

I'm being quoted 2x 165€ diagnostic fees, 1x 165€ something fee for the LDU replace, and 1k of rear subframe harness costs. When the car just shot errors and disabled front drive unit, etc. all at the same time.