Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle may not restart Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@larns576 Did you get yours fixed? Mine has same code intermittent the day I took delivery.
yep, they fixed it in 1 day. Gave me a loaner because they originally thought it was going to take 2 weeks. This is what they did. It's been about a week and half and no problems so far!

1684888809885.png

yep, they fixed it in 1 day. Gave me a loaner because they originally thought it was going to take 2 weeks. This is what they did. It's been about a week and half and no problems so far!

View attachment 940510
That's great! I'm hoping mine fixed itself(is that possible?). I had multiple alerts the day I took delivery and one momentary alert the next day while sitting at a traffic light. I've driven 110mi since in many short trips over the past week with no alerts.

That's great! I'm hoping mine fixed itself(is that possible?). I had multiple alerts the day I took delivery and one momentary alert the next day while sitting at a traffic light. I've driven 110mi since in many short trips over the past week with no alerts.
I'd bring it in anyway. Maybe an intermittent emi thing. Installing those filters would completely prevent that issue from coming back.

Just got a similar message with my new MYP with 1K miles. I don’t even know where to categorize this in the service request so just marked “other”. Asked for mobile diagnosis, if possible.

Attachments

• IMG_4609.jpeg
    IMG_4609.jpeg
    734.4 KB · Views: 252
Picked up my car on 2/27. Received this error at about 1500 miles. I brought it in for service and since they couldn't duplicate it, they said no repair recommended at the time. They did perform a low voltage circuit integrity check though. Unfortunately it still happens. I've noticed it happens when my ac is on LO temp and the fan speed is on 10 while the car is in gear and idle.
I've been trying to recreate it on demand before I bring it in so there's concrete evidence of the issue.

Reactions: CleanDemon
Do a bug report so that it captures the error and the date/time etc. Then Tesla service tech can go to the exact spot in the log.

Or take a picture of the error on the screen so that you have the date and time.

I believe they did a remote diagnosis of my car (was never notified) after which they canceled my mobile appointment and asked me to come into the service center. This is what they show on my estimate as the proposed fix.

Attachments

• IMG_4627.jpeg
    IMG_4627.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 238
Has anyone actually had their Tesla fail to restart due to a036? Mine had been dormant for a few weeks until I was 120mi away from home and the alert came on for about 5 seconds while sitting at a traffic light.
I don't know but I wasn't taking a change on a 5 day old car. I told them they needed to fix it now. They took it in and gave me a loaner. I wasn't going to keep driving around a brand new 5 day old car with that urgent message.

Just got my car back, fix description below. In layman’s terms, the wire harness is wrapped in a covering in certain places so that it won’t be affected by electrical interference. Seems one of the wires was affected, which caused the message to appear. When that message trips, it can cause the car to shut down, which is no bueno.

Attachments

• IMG_4636.jpeg
    IMG_4636.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 236
Reactions: Bart404
I had the same error message the first day I picked up the car back in February. Car went to service in April and they added a filter to the third brake light. Error message popped up again a few weeks later.

Car went in service on 05/26 for the same issue and repair was to replace the third brake light. Today, the car still is sitting in the lot waiting for parts after 23 days. They wouldn't release the car back to me due to safety concern. Tesla can build thousands of MY every week, but they can't source a extra third brake light? I might have to consult with a lemon law lawyer if this exceeds the 30 day out of service repair.

I just picked up my 2023 Model Y Performance, and after 41 miles driven, the car shutdown while I was driving. This error has happened (3) times in total, and currently the car is at the Tesla shop being diagnosed. While I was not sure if the car could safely be driven, we towed the vehicle to the Tesla shop for safety.

Just wanted to share the errors I am receiving and see if there is any others that have the same fate :) and what was the fix that solved the issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 2.09.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 2.09.29 PM.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 223
  • Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 2.08.58 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 2.08.58 PM.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 163
Latest update from the Tesla Service Center on my vehicle ...

The latest update I have right now is that they want us to go ahead and replace the chassis harness on the vehicle after providing the team the data and diagnostics information this is the direction, they pointed us at.