Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle may not restart Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my car is having the same issue, barely driven it i got the BMS_a036 error.
Setup an appointment, picked it up the next day, barely left the parking lot and the error shows up again??
My car is now being repaired.
We all seem to be having the same issue with the Quality of the Car, and the Frustration with the Service Center?
Is Tesla shipping out faulty cars? and not doing a recall? Very disappointed with the whole experience.

Setup an appointment, picked it up the next day, barely left the parking lot and the error shows up again??
We all seem to be having the same issue with the Quality of the Car, and the Frustration with the Service Center?
Is Tesla shipping out faulty cars? and not doing a recall? Very disappointed with the whole experience.
No Tesla is not shipping out faulty cars, Issues happen with all brands. That's why new vehicles come with a warranty.

Where was your car built?

Hasn't occurred for almost two months. I was advised to note the exact date and time of each alert but I haven't gotten any lately. I really thought my 1k mile trip that I mentioned in an earlier post would have provoked it.
How's yours behaving?
We’ve been driving a lot the past week or so, since the electrical harness for the 3rd brake light was replaced with nothing happening, until it popped up once on the screen while getting out of a parking spot but it was literally a ‘blink and you’ll miss it’ situation.

100% now it has to be when the brake lights are activated in extremely rare and random times. This never happens while driving or charging. At this point I’m not worried about the car itself. Drives amazing and I have peace of mind knowing battery and motors are good since they ran so many checks and diagnostic’s.

Picked up my car on 2/27. Received this error at about 1500 miles. I brought it in for service and since they couldn't duplicate it, they said no repair recommended at the time. They did perform a low voltage circuit integrity check though. Unfortunately it still happens. I've noticed it happens when my ac is on LO temp and the fan speed is on 10 while the car is in gear and idle.
I've been trying to recreate it on demand before I bring it in so there's concrete evidence of the issue.I
We’ve been driving a lot the past week or so, since the electrical harness for the 3rd brake light was replaced with nothing happening, until it popped up once on the screen while getting out of a parking spot but it was literally a ‘blink and you’ll miss it’ situation.

100% now it has to be when the brake lights are activated in extremely rare and random times. This never happens while driving or charging. At this point I’m not worried about the car itself. Drives amazing and I have peace of mind knowing battery and motors are good since they ran so many checks and diagnostic’s.
Was this issue ever resolved for you?

I had the same issue with my Austin build the day I took delivery of the car back in February. The error will pop up for a second while braking and it only happens when I’m driving home after work. The error never occurs while driving to work in the morning.

Tesla determined the false trigger was due to a circuit current disruption of the 3rd brake light and installed a filter. The code came back a week later. DM me if you need more info.
Hi, I have a MY 7 seats 2K miles exact same error and something to do with brake light. SC tried fixing once but error came back within 6 miles leaving the SC. I was even able to repro it once at home but not at the SC. was this issue resolved for you if so what was the fix? seems like the ferrite filters are not working at least for me.

Hi, I have a MY 7 seats 2K miles exact same error and something to do with brake light. SC tried fixing once but error came back within 6 miles leaving the SC. I was even able to repro it once at home but not at the SC. was this issue resolved for you if so what was the fix? seems like the ferrite filters are not working at least for me.
Sorry for the late response. They never fixed the issue and I requested a buyback.

If you can replicate it, take a video or picture and send it along with the service request.