Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle reboot upon entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s rare for me these days but yes, I’ve experienced this from time to time. The Model 3 can still be driven if the screen is off or rebooting. You just won’t have the luxury of a backup camera while the screen is rebooting.

It’s rare for me these days but yes, I’ve experienced this from time to time. The Model 3 can still be driven if the screen is off or rebooting. You just won’t have the luxury of a backup camera while the screen is rebooting.

I havent tried driving away while parked and in a reboot. I have rebooted my vehicle while driving before but i should try the driving away trick. Thanks.

How do you know it’s a ‘reboot’ vs ‘waking up’? MCU 2 cars sleep quickly and all the time so....

Typically when I open the door handle the screen turns on. What I am talking about is when I open the door the screen is black, then sit down and in about 5 seconds I see the Tesla logo on the screen, IMO, this tells me it is rebooting. I have only ever seen the Tesla symbol on reboot not on wake up.

Typically when I open the door handle the screen turns on. What I am talking about is when I open the door the screen is black, then sit down and in about 5 seconds I see the Tesla logo on the screen, IMO, this tells me it is rebooting. I have only ever seen the Tesla symbol on reboot not on wake up.
That is waking up from deep sleep. Rebooting would be it was running and went black and you saw the logo.

If you want to call it ‘booting’, fine, but we don’t call it rebooting as it’s not an error as rebooting implies. :D