Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh i see. Maybe this picture that i found using Google (dont know how reliable this is) http://image.motortrend.ca/f/148858946/2016-Tesla-Model-X-interior-seats.jpg

When you zoom in it shows the entire bottom/back and even (partially) sides of the chair that are perforated.

EDIT: Fotostream
This link provides at least one picture of the front seats and the perforation in the Model X of mr Templeton, who was so kind to put this on the internet.

Last edited:
Oh i see. Maybe this picture that i found using Google (dont know how reliable this is) http://image.motortrend.ca/f/148858946/2016-Tesla-Model-X-interior-seats.jpg

When you zoom in it shows the entire bottom/back and even (partially) sides of the chair that are perforated.

Man, that interior looks SHARP! Pretty much exactly how I have mind laid out in my head. Thanks for the pic. You're right, looking there, it would seem to indicate that most of the seat is ventilated - which would be great news.

I just tried something else in the Design Studio. If you zoom in quite tight on the preview image at the top (it is what shows you what your X looks like with different color, wheel and interior choices), the seats change when you select Premium package. Unselected, it looks like solid material. Selected, it looks perforated just like the image you shared.

I'm hope that's the answer...

Sean

In Design Studio, when I select Premium, all three rows of seats show perforations. I don't know what that means. And I hate that I have to speculate instead of just getting a solid and unchanging answer from inside sales... The bleeding edge, I suppose.

image.jpeg

Yep, frustrating at this point. I was very clear in my question to inside sales, they paused, seemed to lookup or ask someone else - and then said butts and backs. The one possible validating point is that in the Design Studio, the ventilation holes appear to run up the visible part of the back of the seat. That could simply have been a rendering mistake on that image thought. So..what the heck knows ;)

Sean

This from Bonnie's Xcellent adventures thread might be a little clearer than mud:
Couple tidbits - everyone has been wondering about the cooled seats and debating if it's from the bottom or seat bottom and seat back. I heard (and will check) that while the air enters through the bottom cushion, it is distributed throughout the seat. That might explain the discrepancy in answers that have been heard.

In Design Studio, when I select Premium, all three rows of seats show perforations. I don't know what that means. And I hate that I have to speculate instead of just getting a solid and unchanging answer from inside sales... The bleeding edge, I suppose.
All the seats are perforated so they match, but only the front row is ventilated. This is consistent with other vehicles with ventilated front seats that I have owned.

Because the Premium Package is leather or synthetic leatherlike substance seating only. The textile seats won't show perforations because it is more breathable.

I don't think that's it. If one selects leather/leatherlike without checking the Premium package, the seats are slick - no perforations. If you then select Premium, it perforates all of them. The "they" in my sentence was the perforations, not the tie between material selection and Premium.

Sean

I don't think that's it. If one selects leather/leatherlike without checking the Premium package, the seats are slick - no perforations. If you then select Premium, it perforates all of them. The "they" in my sentence was the perforations, not the tie between material selection and Premium.

Sean
Gotcha. Thanks for the correction and for pointing this out. I hadn't noticed. Likely because I can't seem to avoid clicking that "Premium Package" button! ;-)

Of course I'm still in the "dream configuration mode" and not quite ready to click the "order" button.