Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Verifying options on CPO Model S listings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The online listing options are based on the information of the Tesla VIN database, in some cases you will get more options than the listing because when the previous owner upgrade their MS, it sometimes wasn't listed.
I saw a few CPO buyers were surprised when they look the delivery, they got 21" wheels, super chargering enabled, center console or brand new tires that were not listed on the website. When I took the delivery, my MS has a parcel shelf that wasn't list, saved me $250.
So, option is the last thing I will worry on CPO cars, because if Tesla list it, they will honor it. I will worry on the wear and tear of the car, it might not up to your expectation. Just search for Cyclone's post on TMC.

The online listing options are based on the information of the Tesla VIN database, in some cases you will get more options than the listing because when the previous owner upgrade their MS, it sometimes wasn't listed.
I saw a few CPO buyers were surprised when they look the delivery, they got 21" wheels, super chargering enabled, center console or brand new tires that were not listed on the website. When I took the delivery, my MS has a parcel shelf that wasn't list, saved me $250.
So, option is the last thing I will worry on CPO cars, because if Tesla list it, they will honor it. I will worry on the wear and tear of the car, it might not up to your expectation. Just search for Cyclone's post on TMC.

if you subscribe to the ev cpo consolidator, there is a information item that comes up on each car listing its options (again, based on VIN) that is more detailed than the Tesla CPO website.

if you subscribe to the ev cpo consolidator, there is a information item that comes up on each car listing its options (again, based on VIN) that is more detailed than the Tesla CPO website.

Even this is only as "accurate" as the data in Tesla's database. I bought my CPO before Hank's site was up, but I know where he is polling that data from Tesla. I had saved the same info for my car itself. My car listed "No parcel shelf" and "single charger" even though I got a parcel shelf and dual chargers. There have been posts in the main CPO thread of people who saw listings with "Aero" wheels, only to find out the wheels weren't on the car. Plus, I thought I heard of someone finding out that the car they were interested in what a different color than listed (I can't recall if they checked it themselves or a Tesla rep "discovered" that when looking into the car on someone's behalf).

One theory a couple months back is the the query Tesla is using into their database is based on the original order. If, for instance, you ordered new and within the first week changed some options, perhaps the query the CPO system is using it the original order, not the finalized details.

• Informative
Reactions: GQbed