Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sc01 headache used model s unable to verify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys
I try to buy a used model s which has 1 owner but unfortunately the car is at the dealership. They are unable to verify sc01 status of the car. Tried to phone tesla directly but strictly stated they cannot provide me with the required info even called multiple times. How you guys got the right info when called tesla?

Just add a bit of extra info. I seen a 2017 66reg model s 90d for sale. The car registered in february 2017, the last owner is the only owner since new. On the charging screen I still see the location of the last charging session and it says £0.00. It has premium connectivity.

Reactions: fholbert
I thought they strip Supercharging if it passes thorough a dealership, only private sales. Will they let you test drive it to a Supercharger and find out? Or allow you to return in within X days if they are wrong?

I thought they strip Supercharging if it passes thorough a dealership, only private sales. Will they let you test drive it to a Supercharger and find out? Or allow you to return in within X days if they are wrong?
I read all the posts through the internet and seen multiple success stories with third party dealerships even when they has no any clue about supercharging.
The problem with test charging is it will tell you only what is the situation with free supercharging before transfer of ownership.
Dealer does not states it has free supercharging so no buy back/refund option.
My biggest problem is why tesla hide this information? Even for prospective buyers cannot get it. What kind of data protection it is and who is protected from whom? From my point of view they "protect" me to get the right information about a car which they manufactured to make sure I should not make any wise decision prior the buying process.

Reactions: dsm363
I read all the posts through the internet and seen multiple success stories with third party dealerships even when they has no any clue about supercharging.
The problem with test charging is it will tell you only what is the situation with free supercharging before transfer of ownership.
Dealer does not states it has free supercharging so no buy back/refund option.
My biggest problem is why tesla hide this information? Even for prospective buyers cannot get it. What kind of data protection it is and who is protected from whom? From my point of view they "protect" me to get the right information about a car which they manufactured to make sure I should not make any wise decision prior the buying process.
If the dealer doesn't state it has it and you can't confirm it through Tesla, might have to just assume you won't have it after purchase. Hopefully someone else from Northern Ireland can chime in. Did you post this in the regional forum here too?

This will not be perfect confirmation, but you should ask the dealership how they acquired the car and ask to see the title document (to look at the chain of ownership). If they took it as a trade-in directly from the first owner, then it's likely that SC01 will stay after you purchase it because the car was never returned to Tesla. If they got it at an auction, then it's more likely that it passed through Tesla's hands, and then you can expect that SC01 will be stripped when you register the car in your own Tesla account.

The dealership may refuse to show you the title because usually they keep that paperwork off-site. But that's the strongest verification they can give you that the car was never returned to Tesla.

Hi guys
I try to buy a used model s which has 1 owner but unfortunately the car is at the dealership. They are unable to verify sc01 status of the car. Tried to phone tesla directly but strictly stated they cannot provide me with the required info even called multiple times. How you guys got the right info when called tesla?

You don’t. It’s an educated gamble. Verify the in service day was within the SC window. Check the registration history and see if Tesla ever took possession. Pray.

• Funny
Reactions: brainhouston
Also there's currently a campaign where you can transfer FUSC from your old car to a new Tesla, and still keep the old car.

So any car can now have FUSC removed and still show $0 previous supercharging session if car hasn't been supercharged after FUSC removal.

Also free premium data does not transfer, so old car will have that even if it doesn't have FUSC.

Reactions: MP3Mike
it might also be worth asking dealer to add the car to the app (assuming they can do that, not sure how dealer ownership works)
tesla can definitely add cars to app with just a bill of sale
They are not really helpful. Sometimes I feel they are not there to sell anything at all. He cut my questions short and confirmed they not advertise it with free supercharging.

Also there's currently a campaign where you can transfer FUSC from your old car to a new Tesla, and still keep the old car.

So any car can now have FUSC removed and still show $0 previous supercharging session if car hasn't been supercharged after FUSC removal.

Also free premium data does not transfer, so old car will have that even if it doesn't have FUSC.
Yes I know that makes this all things more complicated. Do you know what happens with the code if someone transfer it to a new car? Would it be same sc01 and after the sale of the old car just simply loose FUSC or it clearly will be changed to SC05 which is an indication of a transfer, or the old car will loose FUSC immediately and will be coded like SC04 or SC00?