Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 17.9.3 - Update 3/11/17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SW Update.JPG

Mine just updated this morning. It's interesting that my release notes also included information about showing Supercharging costs. I haven't seen anyone else mention that in regards to this update. I'm wondering if it's because I have a new X that doesn't include unlimited supercharging and they omit that note for cars that do have it.

Attachments

• 2017-03-11 09.11.54.jpg
    2017-03-11 09.11.54.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 70
Mine just updated this morning. It's interesting that my release notes also included information about showing Supercharging costs. I haven't seen anyone else mention that in regards to this update. I'm wondering if it's because I have a new X that doesn't include unlimited supercharging and they omit that note for cars that do have it.

Did you purchase after the "free supercharging for life" window ?

Did anyone notice the difference in fan speeds. The notes don't really make much sense to me since they have always had 1 to 11 as fan speeds. I guess I read it as 1 through 3 pushes more air. Hard to tell.
I read elsewhere that the update 'enabled speeds 1, 2 and 3 for recirculation mode', which didn't work before because the air flow was too low for the coils (meaning for air conditioning?). It's not too clear, as you say.

Also, for the Supercharging 'tally', I'd not seen those notes before (since as was said, it's only for after January 15th builds). Does it mean that it does give you a constantly updated total of what you are using (like a gas pump, lol), or only when you are done? It says 'will be updated shortly after you are completed', but that could mean the final total of what you use in all.

I read elsewhere that the update 'enabled speeds 1, 2 and 3 for recirculation mode', which didn't work before because the air flow was too low for the coils (meaning for air conditioning?). It's not too clear, as you say.

Also, for the Supercharging 'tally', I'd not seen those notes before (since as was said, it's only for after January 15th builds). Does it mean that it does give you a constantly updated total of what you are using (like a gas pump, lol), or only when you are done? It says 'will be updated shortly after you are completed', but that could mean the final total of what you use in all.

Yes, the fan is only when recirculating.

As for the SC (although I have free SC), I think it tries to estimate the total as you begin, but then at the end gives you the definitive amount. Hopefully those numbers are pretty close.