Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

version 9 poll

Are you running v9, aka 2018.39.x (or even 2018.40.x)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
382F42EE-A527-489C-AEA8-56FBD8FEC184.png
How do I answer? Model 3 downloaded the update, nobody home to initiate it. Car is getting impatient.

As of this morning, yes! Note that the car didn't update by itself, since I have no access to wifi where the car is parked. But I went and sat in the car, enabled wifi hotspot on my phone, connected the car to my hotspot and just waited. Sure enough it downloaded the update 20mins later :)

Wait, What? It can fail to install? and you go to the end of line again to wait?

Can't you just ask it to install again? I would assume that that the downloaded file is already in the car somewhere.

I got the notice to install today and I set it for 2 AM tomorrow morning because I need to drive the car today.

So, if I wake up tomorrow and it failed to install, is there a way to have the car try to install again?

Wait, What? It can fail to install? and you go to the end of line again to wait?

Can't you just ask it to install again? I would assume that that the downloaded file is already in the car somewhere.

I got the notice to install today and I set it for 2 AM tomorrow morning because I need to drive the car today.

So, if I wake up tomorrow and it failed to install, is there a way to have the car try to install again?
I didn’t say back of the line, just back in line. I talked to the SC and they looked at the logs. Said they needed to open a case e to see what happened and that they would push another update out to me, but said it could take several days.

Last edited: