Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very annoying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the car for less than 2 weeks and today I got this error message :”front passenger safety restraint system fault tesla”. Searched internet and it seems I have to go to the service center to fix. Appointment is on 7/22 to fix all the deliver issues and now this one is added. Have to wait almost 2 weeks to have the appointment, very disappointed.

Yeah this is really for most new cars. I had a Ford Taurus back in the 90s (don’t judge me!) and after less than 2 weeks of ownership the front passenger door wouldn’t close! It just decided the latch wouldn’t work and we literally couldn’t close the door. Of course this happened while my wife and I were out shopping so we drove home with her literally holding the door closed the entire way. This was a brand new model year, the one that looked like a bubble eyed catfish. My takeaway from that experience was to avoid the first Model year of any new vehicle until they get the bugs worked out. Got my Model 3 in Oct 2018 so roughly a year after they started production, and knock wood haven’t had any real issues.

• Disagree
Reactions: HarleyW
I have the car for less than 2 weeks and today I got this error message :”front passenger safety restraint system fault tesla”. Searched internet and it seems I have to go to the service center to fix. Appointment is on 7/22 to fix all the deliver issues and now this one is added. Have to wait almost 2 weeks to have the appointment, very disappointed.
What did they do to fix "the front passenger safety restraint system fault tesla" message and how long did it take? I now have the same message on my Y.