Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very Confused Homelink - anyone else having problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen anyone mention this issue. Probably a bit uncommon but a real pain!

We have a Sig MS, Sig MX and now Model 3! Two homes (not rich, just recently married and haven't joined households yet) with different manufacturer of Garage Door openers.

Prior to Model 3 joining the family, absolutely no problem...Both vehicles can open and close Both homes Garage door openers no problem.

Model 3 enters the family and I have tried everything but can NOT get all 3 vehicles to open Garage doors at both homes!

Note that there is a new setting under Homelink for MS and MX BUT NOT FOR 3! Maybe that's the issue?

Anyone else have similar problems and solutions?

cheers,

jdiii

I am not sure on this, but I think the amount of garage doors you could open is limited to the number of buttons on your remote. The amount of cars you could open those doors are limited to the number of remotes you have to train the cars. If you have 3 cars, I think you will need to have 3 remotes?

I am not sure on this, but I think the amount of garage doors you could open is limited to the number of buttons on your remote. The amount of cars you could open those doors are limited to the number of remotes you have to train the cars. If you have 3 cars, I think you will need to have 3 remotes?
so you are saying that the same remote cannot be used for another car? that sounds odd.....