Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very high charging rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I just noticed, on the bottom left chart, you can see the reason for the 30-80% range as recommended by Elon as the power fade is roughly linear in that region with a spike starting at 90% . There are other reasons for the 30% range but outside the scope of the of data I presented.

I forgot to mention that when I was charging at 120 kW there were no noticeable noises from the cooling system. I don’t know if it was actively cooling the battery or not, but it was a huge difference compared to a neighboring Model S that had cooling fans going full blast.

Hi i'm new to these forms ans not sure if this is a good location for my qquestion? I own a MX aand also just bought a M3 . We live on the west coast of Canada ,Vancouver island to be exact. with the MX I bought a Chademo adaptor last night I tried it on the M3 and it put out an error message and wouldn't charge. Which is very disapointing as we have quite a few here just recently and most of them are free to use. and also there is only 1 tesla sc on the island so with where I live it's not possible to use that car for traveling to qquite a few places I'm curious if that's because of battery chemistry' or just a software issue born out of tesla policy for the M3, in any case Tesla has stated that they are installing a lot more sc'ers in canada but this year has not seen to much change for the 2018 designated sites.

I bought a Chademo adaptor last night I tried it on the M3 and it put out an error message and wouldn't charge.
Yes, that has been known for well over a year. Tesla has not said a single word about why they are not addressing that. Consensus out here seems to be that the physical device of the adapter should be fine, but there is probably some kind of software incompatibility that they need to fix at some point, and they should be able to push a firmware update eventually to the cars or adapters or both that could get those working.
Here is a thread on this that has been going since December 2017 and is 8 pages long. Go ahead and bookmark it. I'm certain that as soon as Tesla fixes this issue, someone will update that thread with a celebration.
Anyone tested CHAdeMO Adapter on Model 3