Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very loud, concerning sound from MYP picked up today.. video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WTF is this? Any ideas? Ticket already submitted. Car has 31 miles.

That’s pretty loud. I had similar experience when I was charging and the software was updating from 2022.44.200 to 2023.2.12. I think it probably was due to the older software version. Charged 2 more times but haven’t experienced it again. Reached out to SC and one of the Sr. technician messaged me saying that I need to bring it in to do a diagnostics. Will provide update once I take it to the SC.

Last edited:
Reactions: StoXto3toY
My car has never made that noise, charging or otherwise
That’s pretty loud. I had similar experience when I was charging and the software was updating from 2022.44.200 to 2023.2.12. I think it probably was due to the older software version. Charged 2 more times but haven’t experienced it again. Reached out to SC and one of the Sr. technician messaged me saying that I need to bring it in to do a diagnostics. Will provide update once I take it to the SC.

Update: I dropped off my car to the Buena park SC for diagnostics. Even though the Sr. technician had messaged me saying that the cat needs to be brought in for diagnostics, the SA try to brush it off by pointing fingers at my home HPWC chargers. When I insisted that I had been a Tesla owner for over 4 years now and my HPWC never had issues, he began to cave in. Also, looks like he did not read the note from hai Sr. technician. Anyways, I left the car and took the loaner. About 2 hours later I receive a notification in the Tesla app saying the problem has been resolved. And upon checking the app, it said the the charging port was working as specified. Didn’t have chance to talk to the sr. technician but I have asked them that he reach out to me so I can understand what and how they did their diagnostics. I have charged 3 more times jan g the same charger at home but have not heard the noise again. May be it was the 2022.44.200 firmware for me. But will see after I talk to the technician.