Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very squeaky front suspension and steering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After very heavy rain in the last few weeks the front suspension bushings (I think) have become very squeaky and lately, so has the steering (near the rack, not the steering wheel). Does anyone have any experience with lubricating these parts? What would be the best grease/lube to use?

My M3 is 14 months old and at 30,000 KM so out of that part of the warranty.

Thank you.

After very heavy rain in the last few weeks the front suspension bushings (I think) have become very squeaky and lately, so has the steering (near the rack, not the steering wheel). Does anyone have any experience with lubricating these parts? What would be the best grease/lube to use?

Thank you.

o_O

I can’t see any reason this would not be covered under the 4-year warranty that the car comes with...

This squeaking is not normal and is not a wear and tear item.

I would have Tesla look at it and advise. There is no reason your suspension bushings should be squeaking.

Thank you for the advice. I made an appointment for a mobile tech and, of course, the noise disappeared completely before the appoint came around. He said he'd come check it anyway, make sure all was well and the car was safe. Very nice guy. If the noise returns I'll call them again. Cheers.

Thank you.
I know my response is nearly 2 years late, but wanted to share that my model 3 started to squeak. Only 9 months old and 14,000 miles. It was fixed very quickly with the service centre replacing the front top arm of the suspension (I think). I read a lot on line of people living with this problem for months, many never getting a satisfactory resolution. My experience as very different. Copy of the report below.

Carried out inspection of individual arms on vehicle and found front top arm noisy in operation. Carried out replacement of top arm and all post repair actions, Carried out test drive all ok on test. vehicle is as designed. Correction: General Diagnosis Correction: Control Arm - Upper - Front - RH (Includes Alignment Check) (Remove & Replace)