Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very strange way of waking up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, as usual I funish work and got in my 14 S85 so I can go home. The dash showed the message that the sistem is booting and to press brake when the message is gone.

The message went away but the center console was dark. Pressed brake and the headlights turned on but still no center console screen. There were missing elements from the dash but decided to try to drive it. It went in to reverse and I pulled back. Still incomplete dash screen and no big screen. Parked again /it was running forward and reverse/. Put it in park. No change. Got out and locked it. Then unlocked it and got back in. Same. After rebooting both dash and big screen it came to normal /first it was missing the power dial data but it appeared in 10-15 sec or so/. The whole story lasted simewhere between 5 and 10 minutes.

The question is - is this "incident" something that I have to worry about or it is normal. Never happened before

Attached is photo of the dash

Attachments

• IMG_9579.JPG
    IMG_9579.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 68
I've had the "System is Booting" a few times. Not sure what triggers it. I know it tends to sleep at night more often, especially if you have power saving enabled. The CID will be missing info while the MCU is booting. I left my MS for a few days this week and the CID woke up, but the MCU did not. I had to re-boot the MCU and all was fine after that. These things seem to happen every once in a while. They should not affect your ability to drive the vehicle. If it happens frequently, I would bring it to the SC's attention.