Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration at higher speeds. Return?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of a LR MY after trading in my M3

immediately noticed two things

1. not as fun to drive as the M3. Not zippy due to extra height and weight. Don’t hate it or anything and maybe I will get used to it (??). I never test drove due to the covid situation
  2. Car vibrates at speed over 50mph. It’s not lane keep assist. Could be wheel alignment (or worse), but surprised it’s there on a new vehicle.
Thing is that the earliest appointment they have is in 2 weeks and I have to take the vehicle to the shop, which is a bit of a hassle as the service center is not very close to us. What if they can’t fix it? Should I just return it in the 7 day window? Or is this too small an issue?

1. not as fun to drive as the M3. Not zippy due to extra height and weight. Don’t hate it or anything and maybe I will get used to it (??). I never test drove due to the covid situation
  2. Car vibrates at speed over 50mph. It’s not lane keep assist. Could be wheel alignment (or worse), but surprised it’s there on a new vehicle.
Thing is that the earliest appointment they have is in 2 weeks and I have to take the vehicle to the shop, which is a bit of a hassle as the service center is not very close to us. What if they can’t fix it? Should I just return it in the 7 day window? Or is this too small an issue?

sorry to hear that, is it the whole car vibrating or just the steering wheel?

sorry to hear that, is it the whole car vibrating or just the steering wheel?

Take it back and have it safety checked.